Chapter 180

Goburou stood in front of the machine that will test his physical powers . Many others passed before him . Some of them were impressive by having a cultivation up to Heavenly Establishment . No one in Ed's year had reached such a state . These people got up to 6000 points after hitting the machine . This caused the others to be shocked, making them disregard the weird appearance of Goburou . Goburou's pale skin and red eyes that should have caught the attention of the others were ignored . In fact, colored eyes were not rare in this world . But, coupled with his pale skin should have raised some flags to everyone .

Goburou understood the process of the exam by looking at others so he approached the machine .

"You can begin . " The one overseeing the matters this time seemed impatient, so he tried to hurry Goburou up . Goburou didn't pay him any attention and moved at his own pace . Since he wasn't going to use QI, he made sure to stop it from flowing . He withdrew a hand, and his semi-long nails shone, catching the attention of the other examinees .

*Thump*

As everyone was waiting for him to hit the machine, they heard a sound and it started calculating . It took them a while to understand that Goburou had hit the machine and they missed it . The numbers kept increasing one by one . 5000, 6000, 9000 . When everyone thought that the numbers should stop, they didn't . Instead, the machine showed them this message 'XXXX' . It couldn't register the value of the hit it took . This was an obvious thing as the machine was created to test those with a cultivation of Heavenly Establishment level 10 and lower .

Goburou might not hold the title of the strongest among Ed's companions, but he wasn't a pushover . His basic abilities were many times higher than normal due to Nen and Gravity training . Such an outcome was not surprising .

"You can go back . " The overseer of the exam looked in doubt at the machine and Goburou . But, the result was obvious and they couldn't change it . The other students continued their test until everyone finished . After Goburou's display, no one could find his time to shine . The students were like rocks being displayed right next to a gigantic diamond .

The magic exam started again and Goburou's turn came once more . Goburou didn't learn any magic, but he knew how to use some elementary ones . As a Vampire, he was more on the side of magic than physical power . This meant that he was compatible with any kind of magic as long as he invested some time in it . Goburou preferred sword-play compared to magic, so he didn't invest much time into it . He stood in front of the machine once more and a small ball of pure QI formed on his finger . Due to his QI's color, it looked like a flame ball . At least, that's what those seeing it believed .

Goburou released the ball in the direction of the machine . As soon as it made contact with it, a huge explosion occurred . The machine couldn't handle the pressure from the attack, so instead of showing a value, it turned itself off . Goburou broke the machine . Everyone stood rooted to the ground, not knowing how to react . Goburou's display of power brought both fear and astonishment to them . The overseer excused himself after the test, and another one took his place . The examinees were then taken to the hall where the third exam will take place .

Back in the auction, one of Ed's first items was being sold . It wasn't exactly one item, as it was a group of monster carcasses . Ed had put the bodies of the Thunder Birds on sale . They were simply sitting in his Inventory, so he decided to get rid of them . He put about twenty of those that remained in his Inventory for sale . He had already sold most of them to the central office on the tenth floor of the tower . But, he kept some of the stronger ones for himself . Ed lamented on the fact that he lost the carcass of their leader as he was sure it would have been sold for a high price .

"We have twenty of such perfect condition carcasses . They were killed quickly and didn't suffer much damage, so their bodies are quite intact . As they are all Heavenly Establishment, the starting price will be 80 . 000!" The auctioneer started selling the carcasses one by one . Ed remembered that last time; such bodies were sold for 100 . 000 gold coins as a starting price . Yet, he didn't mind as most of the other bodies that were sold were the same . Plus, it was free money for him .

Ed ended up making 2 million gold coins . It was almost five times the amount he made last time from all the items he had sold . 'Being strong does make you rich...' Ed smiled wryly as he thought to himself .

The auction continued to move on at a fast pace . Due to its schedule being changed to once a month, it became a one-day auction, not two-day . It was now time for healing items and Ed's potions were put on display .

"Everyone, may I have your attention!" The auctioneer clapped his hands for a couple of times as the surroundings started to become quiet .

"Some of our regular members might remember this item from almost two years ago . It only appeared once and only ten were sold . " He started to entice the crowd with his words .

"This time, we have 100 of this item!" The auctioneer wasn't lying . Ed really did sell them a hundred of such potions . By now, he could make them while sleeping . He never stopped making these potions as he knew how valuable they were . He was only selling them now in order to buy some more high-quality material .

The potions were then displayed . After the auctioneer explained their effect, one could say the crowd went wild . None of them were sold for less than 40 . 000 gold coins . In another round, Ed made close to 5 million coins .

The auction continued normally into the night . Ed bought only one item from the auction, which was the heart of a Frost Deer . This monster was known for its purity and strength . It was an Immortal Establishment level 7 monster . Ed bought it for 1 million coins and planned to use it to fix Emilia's rapier .

"Your total comes up 6080000 gold coins . After deducting the auction fees, it becomes 5958400 . We'll round it up to six million . Now from my understanding, you wanted something after the auction, correct?" The auctioneer handed Ed a spatial ring with the gold coins . He transferred it to his Inventory and returned the ring . Last time he was given the money directly, but as expected the amount this time was too large .

"That's right; I would like to speak in a room alone . " The receptionist nodded and led him to a room . However, before they could enter, they were stopped by two old men .

"Won't you consider our offer?" These two were the same that Ed encountered two years ago . It seemed like they still didn't give up on adding Ed to their side .

"My answer is the same . " Ed didn't even look at them and continued to move ahead .

One of the two men stopped him by extending his hand and said, "You might regret it . "

Ed didn't take kindly to his threat, so he released a suffocating aura imbued with killing intent . "Want to see who will regret their actions?" Ed looked them dead in the eye and spoke . They couldn't see his eyes due to the mask, but they felt them . Ed might have shrunk back from them two years ago, but he was plenty strong now to stand up to them . The two of them scoffed and retreated .

Ed went inside the room with the receptionist as he left the area silent due to his aura .

Back in the academy, Goburou was summoned in front of two men after all the exams were finished . It was a room different than the one the other students went to .