Love beyond limits (8)

A sweet aroma of delicious food had filled the entire house; the smell of baking bread wafted just like in a bakery.
Prachi woke up when the aromatic smell filled her nostrils. Recalling that Ranbir had slept here, her eyes moved to his side of the bed, but it was just an empty space.

He could only be in the kitchen since the aroma was definitely coming from her house itself.
She lifted the blanker and made a little detour to the washroom before joining him downstairs.

The sight of her kitchen was an eye pleaser, she watched Ranbir working around in the kitchen, leaning on the door frame.
As she watched him move around effortlessly around the kitchen, she began admiring him.

Her eyes moved along with him and somewhere her heart softened on seeing him.
On the other side, Ranbir, who had been overlooking the food, cutely smiled as he felt her gaze.

Little moments like this permitted him to hope that she also reciprocated the same feeling as him and it made him happy.
But staring into her beautiful eyes was better, so he turned around.
"Hey Babygirl..."

His voice brought her back to reality. She redeemed herself and joined him at the counter.
She looked at the bread in the oven and then the pan.

Ranbir: "It's ready... I just need to serve it."
Prachi, teasingly: "Cooking is another hobby of yours."
Ranbir, smilingly: "I live alone so I had to learn. Take aways became boring after a point."

He went on serving them both while she only admired him from afar.

Prachi didn't wait to start eating. The food looked and smelled so beautiful that couldn't.
Prachi, ravishing the taste: "Hmmmmm.... This is so good."
She felt his gaze on her and signed him: what happened?

He nodded no but then thought to tell her. He liked seeing her red cheeks.
"You shouldn't moan like that, Babygirl. It makes me want to make you scream more."

He chuckled at the way her eyes grew bigger followed by her red cheeks.
Prachi, nervously stammering: "Let.... Let me eat..."
He nodded yes chuckling.

They didn't take too long to finish their breakfast, so once their dishes were taken care of, Prachi held his hands and said.
"Now that I have eaten, I can listen to you."

She pulled him to the couch and they both settled there.
Prachi: "Come on, explain."
Ranbir: "Okay... I didn't know my assistant will call you up for the contract. I just wanted to know your name."

Prachi: "And then he did all and when I got to know about it, I changed one rule. My team will take decisions about you. Otherwise it will be unfair."
Prachi: "Why?"
Ranbir: "Because I will always choose you. No matter what."

She couldn't stop her heart from fluttering on his words.
Ranbir: "And soon they will know about our relationship, because I won't hide you to the world."
That made her smile.

Ranbir: "They will already know that I won't be biased. And my company will run smoothly."
Prachi: "But you didn't want that mam to know about us in your office."
She noticed how his expression changed at the mention of the said individual.

Ranbir: "I might have to keep you hidden for some time until I deal with him."
Her eyes moved to the strangulation mark on his neck and her own thoughts worried her.
Prachi: "Is he responsible for the wounds on your back?"

She saw a moment of hesitation in his eyes but it was quickly gone.
"Most of them: 99% of them, yeah... and the rest 1% was of underground fighting. There were more but they faded away.
Only his stayed."

Her eyes softened immediately and she looked at him teary eyed; realizing what he might have gone through.
Ranbir, worriedly: "If you see that man in front of your doors, you aren't opening until I get here, okay?"