CEO & DOCTOR

This chapter is dedicated to Monisha0604.
Hope I do justice to your storyline, dear.

12100 words...
Took me the whole week, let's see now, if you guys like it.

In the ER (Emergency Room) of a hospital, there was a great bustle and various activities going on.
Nursing sisters and ward boys, in their white uniforms, moving around various beds.
They were attending different patients in the room and each one of them were busy.

Suddenly, a loud rasp and authoritative voice was heard which captivated everyone's attention.
"Is there a doctor in here? I need a doctor..."

The nurse at the reception hurried to attend the man and followed his gaze to an unconscious individual on a stretcher.

The man once again asked for a doctor and the nurse directed the ward boys to an empty bed.
The nurse immediately dialed a number.
"Doctor... you are needed in the ER... please hurry..."

The receiver quickly headed to an elevator. With the doctor's white overcoat and the stethoscope around the neck, the young doctor hurried to ER.

Once there, the nurse signed towards the newly-brought patient.
Putting on some gloves, the doctor approached the patient.

The latter was unconscious, laying mostly lifeless on the bed.
The rasp voice belonged to a tall man with a poker face. His dark brown eyes met the doctor's ones.
The man: "Are you a doctor?"
Without waiting for an answer, he turned to the nurse and commended.
"I need a more experienced one..."

The nurse: "She is the only doctor right now... and Dr. Prachi knows exactly what she is doing.
Your... relative is in good hands..."

She wasn't sure how to address the man on the bed, because they looked nothing alike.
Prachi, checking the patient's heart rate: "What happened?"
The man: "I found Sir unconscious in his room. He wasn't responding or moving, so I brought him here."

The nurse escorted the man outside to allow Dr. Prachi to do her duty.
The latter observed the white foam that came out of the patient's mouth.

His pulse rate was also dropping due to which the machine made some noise.
Prachi, to the ward boys: "Please turn him around... I need him to vomit... this is a case of poisoning..."
They were immediately on action and in order to make the patient throw up, she put two fingers in his mouth making him gag.

And soon, a white liquid spouted out of the patient's mouth.
The ward boys helped Prachi to place the patient back on the bed.
However, the pulse rate was still not good.
Prachi: "Prepare an OT room, we will proceed with a gastric lavage."
The nurse nodded and proceeded to call the OT room.

Prachi inserted a drip at the back of the patient's palm and the latter was quickly transferred to the OT room.

In the OT room:
As the patient laid in the middle of the room, Prachi had changed into the operating gowns with mask and was sanitising her hands.
And then the gloves were on.

Once the basic sanitary formalities were done, she moved to the patient.
Prachi looked at the nurses who were assisting her and noticed their tensed looks.

Prachi: "Can I get your full concentration on this?"
They nodded yes quickly but left Prachi in confusion. However, there was no time for confusion.

She began the gastric lavage process. They had the patient in a trendelenburg position where the head is slightly lowered.

Even though the patient was unconscious, she sprayed his pharynx with local anesthesia. She began placing the orogastric tube carefully.
The proper placement of the tube was a must: in order to avoid damages.