Misunderstanding are so poisonous (2)

This chapter is dedicated to all those who asked for a second part. Hope you all will like it.

Ranbir stopped the car in front of Prachi's current house. He had expected to get down as soon as he parked the car. But there was no movement from her side.
He turned to her and saw that she had fallen asleep.

A small smile came on his face and he unbuckled himself from his seat. He opened the door carefully and closed it slowly so that it wouldn't wake her up.
And then he came by her side. He held one of her hands and made it go beyond his head.
His hands went to her back and under her knees as he scooped her in his arms.

Even in her sleep. she subconsciously leaned into him and snuggled in his chest. She was seeking the comfortableness of him and his touch.

He rang the bell as he had noticed the servants when he came to drop her earlier. However, it was Sushma Aunty who answered the door.
Ranbir was uncomfortable and nervous in front her.

Explaining himself: 'She felt asleep in the car...'
She just pointed to Prachi's room and he nodded at her. He climbed the stairs with her and opened her bedroom's door.
However, the state of the room surprised him...

She had thrashed the room while being in immense pain... And it made Ranbir feel extremely guilty. His wife never liked disorganization but today...
It was a different Prachi that he was seeing and he was responsible for her state.

He tucked her in bed and covered her with the blanket there. His eyes once again wondered around the room and he started picking up certain things. And as he got involved, he had cleaned the entire room before Sushma Aunty came there.

She was surprised by his actions but didn't ask or say anything. She just moved to Prachi, checking on her and then a nurse came there.
Sushma Aunty: 'Along with Abhi and Pragya, you are also responsible of Prachi now. You need to make sure that she eats and has her medicines on time.'
The nurse just nodded and Sushma Aunty went listing Prachi's medicines and what her diet should be.

Ranbir also took mental note of that and his concerned eyes went to his wife who was still sleeping.
After instructing the nurse, Sushma Aunty turned to Ranbir.
Sushma Aunty: 'Are you planning to stay here?'
Ranbir: 'If you allow me, and Prachi allows me, then yes...'
Sushma Aunty didn't answer anything and left from there.

Ranbir sat next to Prachi and took out his phone. He called his office and informed his secretary about his plan of working from home for now.
He had to take care of certain matters as he didn't go to his office today. And once he finished that, he went downstairs in the kitchen.

He searched the cabinets and got the necessary ingredients to prepare some healthy food for his wife and baby.

The servants came there and helped him.

Looking at the dish that he served, a satisfactory smile came on his face. He was pleased with the outcome.

He brought it on the table and and then headed back to Prachi's room.
His wife was still asleep, snuggled in her pillows.
He approached her and sat by her side.

He slowly woke her up and she started stirring. However, instead of waking up, she turned to his side and laid her head on his lap.
His fingers went to her hair and he lightly brushed them.

His simple action was making her fall into a deeper sleep, but he had to stop.
She hadn't eaten anything since morning and the doctor also said that she didn't eat for days.

Ranbir, waking her up: "Prachi..."
But her sleep was so inviting that she didn't want to wake up.
Ranbir: "Chikchiki..."
She hummed in her sleep... A small chuckle escaped him as he recalled how she hated this nickname initially.