Fatherly Figure

This chapter is dedicated to IshikaBhalerao.
Hope you like it dear.

Sarita Aunty's house:
Prachi was in her room, sitting on the floor, recalling what she has done in the last few days.
She lost him... No... She gave up on him. Rhea blackmailed her for her mother's happiness and she gave up.
Her tears had dried off but the pain still remained. The distance between them was painful...

Strong winds outside the window replicated her inner turmoil. Her eyes went over the different pictures on the floor that she had spread all around her.
The pictures of the boy who taught her what love was. They boy with whom she had just started to dream of a future...
His beautiful smile in the pictures made her heart ache, because she might never see it again.

The clanging of the windows drew her attention away from the pictures. She stood up with the little strength she had. She moved to the window and closed it shut.
She passed the mirror and looked at her reflection. Only she knew how much she was hating herself. And the mere sight of her digested her.

She was feeling a sudden rage at herself for hurting Ranbir. She had seen the pain in his eyes and regretted it instantly. As she recalled his painful and teary eyes, a never seem rage built inside her. She clenched her fists tightly.

And instinctively, her fist collided with the mirror in the mirror. A loud sound resonated in the room and the pieces went flying around her.
She dropped her hand by her sides and droplets of blood fell on the floor.

She looked at the mess around her room... normally it would bother but not today... However she knew that she will have to clean this before Shahana/Pragya and Sarita Aunty come back from the catering event.

She looked at her bruised knuckles and the blood that drew from the open wounds. She made no attempt to stop it though. She bent down to pick up the pieces but the doorbell halted her movement.

She wrapped her hands in her stole and went to the door. She tried composing herself but it was difficult.
She opened the door and was surprised to meet the brown ones that she had been missing.
Unknowingly, she turned emotional and teary eyed seeing him.

The only thing that Ranbir saw as soon as she opened the door was her red and painful eyes. He knew she was hurting but anger clouded his mind as he looked beside him and waited for the person to join them.

Prachi felt even worse when he avoided eye-contact with her. But she quickly redeemed herself as Purab appeared in front of her.
Prachi: "Chuck..."
Purab, happy on seeing her: "How are you?" He moved forward and hugged her.
Prachi, lying: "I am fine... please come..."
She invited them inside and let them tale a seat.

Purab: "Actually... is Pragya Di here?"
Prachi: "No, but she must be on her way back... Anything important?"
Purab and Ranbir exchanged looks.

Purab: "We need to discuss a plan to stop Abhi and Meera's wedding..."
Prachi looked on worriedly.
Purab, elaborating: "They have been separated for a long time... but they are bringing their egos in between, especially Abhi..."
Ranbir spoke for the first he had been here: "And we are all aware how much they love each other, so better to reunite them..."

Prachi, on recalling Rhea's deal: "Rhea will stop the wedding..."
Purab and Ranbir looked at her confused as hell.
Ranbir: "Why would Rhea stop it when she is the one who asked Chief to marry Meera Aunty?"
Purab too nodded at what Ranbir had said.

Prachi: "I talked to her... She said she will stop it."
Ranbir: "Out of all people, you went to talk to Rhea?"
She nodded affirmatively.
Purab: "But why?"
Prachi: "Like you said she was the one who asked him to get married. So, if she tells him no, then he might stop..."
Purab and Ranbir looked on as she had a point, but they weren't convinced that Rhea would stop it.

Pranbir Short Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें