Trust the timing of your life (3)

During the night, Ranbir stirred in his sleep as he felt a weight on his right side of his body.
And as he was a light sleeper, this movement awoke him. He opened his eyes and looked to his right to find Prachi.
In her sleep, she had moved past the mountain of pillows and landed on his side.

A small smile broke onto his lips and he lifted his hands and put them behind his head. This allowed Prachi to snuggle even closer to him and she got into a more comfortable position.

Ranbir was extremely content due to the proximity of them; he was able to hold the girl that he loved in his arms.
What could he ask more?
His heart answered that question. He knew the answer: he wanted this every morning...

He broke out of his reverie as the girl in his arms stirred but instead of waking up, she snuggled closer to him. Due to her movement, a strand of hair fell on her face and tickled her. She tried to move it from her face but was unsuccessful.

Ranbir lifted his hand and it travelled to her cheek. He tugged the strand of hair behind her ear and she was relieved by that.

His fingers were back on her cheek and caressed it softly. This made her stir once again. Knowing that she will wake up, he pretended to sleep to see her reaction.

The girl in his arms indeed woke up and as she realized their position, she immediately moved back which made Ranbir felt cold.
He was about to open his eyes when he felt soft fingers on his cheek. It was ticklish but he controlled himself.
Prachi was caressing his cheek lovingly. His features had captured her attention and she couldn't stop herself from admiring him.

Lost into him, she whispered: "You are too cute for your own good..."
Ranbir fought against his smile which was overpowering.
Prachi: "but that's amongst many reasons why I lo...."
She couldn't complete her words as there was a knock on the door.

She moved away from Ranbir and re created the mountain of pillows.
Ranbir, on the other hand, was too frozen to react. He wanted to hear that sentence... his heart had leapt in happiness but it all suddenly stopped due to that knock on the door.
He slowly opened his eyes, once he was calmer and saw that she was at the door, talking to whoever it was.

He sat up and looked at the pillows in between them. He recalled her words and couldn't help but wonder if she reciprocated the same feeling as him.

Prachi came back after closing the door with a tray of food.
Ranbir, trying to avoid any awkwardness: "You already ordered?"
Prachi: "No, no... the hotel said that they are compensating for giving us only one room. Breakfast is free."
Ranbir: "Great... I will freshen up and come back."

They both had breakfast together while discussing their projects and how they planned to tackle the client tomorrow night.

After breakfast, they went shopping for the evening wedding anniversary party.

~~~~~~~
At the shopping mall;
Ranbir had already selected a gift for the couple of the evening with Prachi's help.
Ranbir had noticed the way Prachi was anxious and would always look over her shoulders as if she thought someone was watching her.

Prachi, nervously: "I will try this dress and come back..."
She was so anxious that she didn't realise what she took in. He took another outfit and followed her.

Once inside, her hands went to the hem of her blouse and she pulled it over her head.
Prachi, nervously to herself: "Prachi, you need to calm down. Like this anyone would notice that something is wrong. And it's a big city... there is only a slight chance of seeing him."
A knock on the door startled her.

Prachi: "Yes..."
Ranbir: "I think you forgot something..."
Her forehead scrunched in confusion and she asked him.
"What is it?"
Ranbir: "Open up and you will see..."
She covered herself with the stole she brought in.
Then she unlocked the door and peeped outside. He showed her the dress and she looked at what she brought in.
She had brought only the stole and the bottom. She smiled sheepishly at him and took the dress from him.