Rekindling love (1)

This chapter is dedicated to Sudha.
Hope you will like it.

The sound of a football match filled an apartment and a boy was cheering for his favorite football team.

He had some pizza boxes around him and a drink in his hand while watching the match intensely.

The opening of a door was heard but he didn't let it weaned his attention from the tv. A girl entered there and dropped her keys on the little counter beside the door.

She removed her heels and walked bared foot towards the couch. Her body dropped to the couch next to the boy.
She closed her eyes for a few seconds when the boy nudged her.

She turned to him.
"Have this... you will feel better."
She looked at the tea in his hands and smiled thankfully at him. She took a sip and the tea instantly relaxed her aching muscle.

"Thank you, Ranbir..."
Her husband smiled at her and then concentrated on the football match.
She looked at the pizza boxes and knew he must have ordered for her as well.

Prachi: "I am going to shower..."
He nodded at her and she went inside. She took her clothes and just then her phone dinged.
She read the e-mail and smiled it.

Happily, she went into the washroom and showered quickly. She couldn't wait to inform Ranbir about the email.

Once she was out, she sat next to him on the couch and took a slice of pizza.
She checked the time of the match and knew that half time was near, so she waited so thar she get his full attention.

Just as the players went inside, the screen shifted to the commentators and Prachi knew that it was the best opportunity.
Prachi: "Baklu..."
He hummed back at her.

She held his arm and prompted him to turn to her. He silently complied and muted the tv to listen to her.
Ranbir: "What happened?"
Prachi: "There is a party at my office tomorrow... the CEO is giving promotion to certain employees and everyone is saying that my name might be on the list."

Ranbir: "That's great... Congratulations."
Prachi: "You don't have to work tomorrow, right? Will you come with me?"
Ranbir: "Sure... We must go especially if my wife's name is in that list."
A bright smile came onto her face and she hugged him.

Prachi: "I will come back early to get ready and we will leave as soon as you get home."
He nodded yes to her and took the remote back. He unmuted the tv and Prachi laid her head on his shoulder as both watched the other half of the match together.

Prachi had grasped the basic knowledge of football since her husband loved it so much. He would still play in the weekend with his colleagues.

Prachi was released from work early by their boss so that they could get ready for the party.

She walked in front of their wardrobe. This was a difficult choice to make...
Prachi, to no-one in particular: "Hmmm what should I wear?"
Her eyes went on the different clothing but she still undeceive.

Prachi, to herself: "Too bad, Ranbir isn't here. He would have selected one in one instant.
She gave up trying to find one and went to the dressing table. She did a simple make up and let her hair loose.
She would let Ranbir select her outfit and would just wear it.

Her eyes went to the clock: Ranbir must be coming in any minute now. She went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack.

She turned on the tv while waiting for her husband and decided to watch a tv show.

One hour...
One hour had passed but Ranbir wasn't yet back.
This made Prachi extremely worried. He would never be late, or if he was, he would always text her.