Love beyond limits (5)

After breakfast, Ranbir brought her to his living room and she sighed seeing its beauty and how cleaned it was.
He signed her to take a seat and he switched on the tv.

Ranbir: "Up for a movie?"
Prachi: "Yeah, okay... why not?"
He searched the movie while she got comfortable on the couch. She noticed a blanket and wondered if he often watched movies in here.

She took it and wrapped the blanket around her. Its softness made her even more comfortable. Ranbir too sat next to her but he made sure to put a large distance in between them.

As the film started, the horror music startled Prachi and she looked at Ranbir.
He too turned to her on feeling her gaze.
Prachi: "Horror?"
Nodding, he asked her: "What happened?"
Prachi: "Nothing..."

Ranbir: "You are scared?"
Prachi: "What? No, no... absolutely no. I was just asking."
An amused smile formed on his lips.
Ranbir: "I will change it. Tell me what you want to watch."

Prachi: "No, it's fine. I like horror movies. Yeah..."
Her words didn't convince him nor herself.
Ranbir: "I am sure you will like it. Thrills are things that drive you. What will happen if you actually see a ghost? Or best, if a ghost haunts you."

She looked at him as if he grew a double head.
Prachi: "What thrills do you get in that? Being haunted by a ghost is scary."
Ranbir, excitedly: "Just imagine, the supernatural power that they hold. It's intriguing."
Prachi: "For you... for normal people, it's scary. And plus I already have enough thrills in my life... being haunted by a ghost isn't part of it."

Ranbir: "What thrills?"
Prachi: "You..."
She stopped and looked at him wondering if he felt bad but no, he was rather amused.
Prachi: "You stalk people; watch from the shadows, just like a ghost."
Ranbir: "I watch you, not people. I have nothing to do with others. And I would like to be a ghost; I would see in between the walls and see every part of you."

Her eyes locked with his. And they were demonstrating only his love for her. She knew what he was insinuating and it made her feel all gullible but she quickly rebuked herself.

The eerie music caught their attention and they turned back to the movie. As Prachi watched the monster attacking someone, a little yelp escaped her.
But she quickly hid it behind a cough. It made Ranbir smiled wholeheartedly.

Prachi: "Do you have something to eat? Can't watch a movie without popcorn."
Ranbir: "Yeah, I will bring some snacks but I don't have popcorn."
Prachi, worriedly: "No, you don't go..."
He looked at her amusedly.
She quickly covered it: "I don't want you to miss the movie because of me. Just tell me where they are. I will bring it."

Ranbir: "I will pause it, let's go together."
Prachi: "Even better... let's go."
He indeed paused the movie and they both stood up. Prachi sighed in relief but the scary image that he paused on was unsettling, so she rushed forward without noticing him.
She crashed into his hard back and quickly apologized while he only smiled back.

He showed her the cabinets full of snacks and she looked at it in awe. It had every items that she liked. From chocolates to chips. She was in such a bliss right now.
She took several packets and chocolates and then went back to their seat.

Now she could occupy herself with the snack instead of the movie. While sitting down, Ranbir looked at her position. She had subconsciously moved closer to him and put the snack in her previous seat.
A small smile appeared on his face but he didn't make it evident. He knew he would ruin the moment otherwise.

As he once again played the movie, she really tried to divert her attention to the snacks but couldn't. It grew even scarier with each passing second.
At some point, she dropped the snack on her in order to hide her face in the blanket.
Ranbir: "Hmm, you know... it's a bit boring and not scary at all. I will put another one; maybe an action one."