Boss' cuteness (2)

"And this concludes our meeting..."
The cheerful man in front of the meeting room exclaimed.
His excitement and enthusiasm radiated in the room but it was overwhelming. He was from Mr. Mehta's company.

And the latter watched him proudly from his seat. They called for an immediate meeting suggesting that they didn't like something in the new jewelry designs.
An hour of meeting went on discussing what....
The material of the jewelry.... Gold or platinum

Ranbir had already thought about it and platinum fit perfectly with the diamonds they wanted.
Platinum gives the diamond the clear and colourless shine. It's true that yellow metal is the preferred one but Ranbir had never really liked it.

For him, platinum and silver jewelry were the top and everyone knew that. He included these metals mostly when presenting the jewelry set and everyone liked them as well.
Prachi also was in awe of some designs that he personally made.
It was the USP of the company. The main item was always designed by Ranbir himself and the other pieces by his employees.

Prachi looked at Ranbir who was rubbing his forehead. He was getting angry... he had a valid point.
The production of those jewelry had already started, making changes now would lead him to a loss and Ranbir can't bear this.
Mr. Mehta, smirking: "What do you think, Mr. Kohli? Isn't yellow metal the best one?"

The silence from Ranbir spoke a thousand of words... his employees knew it as well as Prachi.
Ranbir, strictly: "I don't like them..."
The smirk on Mr. Mehta and his employees fell. But Mr. Mehta masked it well.

Mr. Mehta: "You got to listen and obey because you are designing this for me..."
Ranbir clenched his fists at the word 'obey'. His employees and Prachi looked at him worriedly. They knew Ranbir's limit and their client was testing that.
But Ranbir had control over himself. He was giving Mr. Mehta that satisfaction.

Ranbir: "Yes, but my name and my business are also associated with this design. And everyone know that my team and I produce magnificent designs, not this atrocious thing..."
His team looked on smugly at their boss' reply while they noticed the clenched jaws and fists of the other company's employees.

One sentence was enough to destroy Mr. Mehta in seconds. He looked confused for a moment before recollecting himself.
"I won't make any payments if the designs are not by my choice..."

Ranbir, smirkingly: "You think that you are the only one who wants to work with me...
I can sell these designs to someone else plus, I never put the main item in the presentation. The one that I design personally."
Mr. Mehta looked on. It's true: Ranbir's designs are secretive and he revealed them only when it's fully done.
That made him have power over his clients because he got them curious as hell.

Mr. Mehta: "Then, I am cancelling this deal..."
Prachi looked on as she knew that even if everyone hated Mr. Mehta, he was a big shot for their company.
If he left, Ranbir will suffer huge loss and she didn't want that.

Before Mr. Mehta could leave, she spoke.
"These jewelry are for women, right? Then, let then decide only."
They all looked at her confused: even Ranbir. However, she continued confidently.

"Let's put a poll on social media and asked the women themselves: whether they like yellow metals or platinum ones.
Whoever wins, the jewelry would be of that metal."

Ranbir's team supported her and he looked at her with a small smirk on his face and eyes full with admiration.
Mr. Mehta noticed that subtle act of his and was thoughtful.

Mr. Mehta: "I agree..."
Prachi smiled a little and then met Ranbir's eyes. A simple nod was enough to seal that part. She sighed in relief that he didn't completely lose the deal.
However, now the poll would decide that... she was scared if Ranbir loses then she would be blamed.