My once in a lifetime person (2)

Prachi had moved off his lap but sat in between his leg as he hugged her from behind.
She was holding his left hand and began playing with his fingers.
Ranbir: "You didn't tell me if you liked the song?"

She smiled brightly on recalling the last hour that they had spent together.
Prachi, lovingly: "It was the best..."
He leaned forward and nuzzled on her shoulder. His cute act made her chuckle and her right hand went ruffling his hair.

Ranbir: "I got you something..."
She slightly turned to him and the excitement in her eyes made him chuckle.
He reached out for something beside the bench and soon he brought some red roses in front of her.

She looked at them in awe and immediately took it

She looked at them in awe and immediately took it. She brought the flowers to her nose and smelled their out of the world scent.
Ranbir: "Your cheeks turned the same colour as them when you are shy."
That made her glare funnily at him but she ended up laughing with him.

She snuggled closer to him and he too kissed her head in response.
Suddenly, his phone started to ring and he took it out. Seeing his father's name, his forehead scrunched in confusion.
He picked it up: "Yes, Dad..."
Prachi looked at him tensed and he quickly put it on speaker.
Vikram: "Where are you?"
Ranbir: "I informed you about the group study."

Vikram: "Yeah, now come home immediately."
Pranbir looked at each other worriedly.
Ranbir: "Is everything okay?"
Vikram: "Yeah... just head home instantly."
Ranbir: "Okay... we are coming."

Prachi was already on her feet and began clearing the bench. Ranbir dumped everything in the basket; leaving it to be dealt with later on.
Prachi: "Don't know what must have happened?"
Ranbir: "We will know once we reached home."

Once in the car, Prachi hid the roses in her bag as Ranbir sped off back home.

Kohli/Mehra's mansion:
Pranbir entered the house hurriedly but stopped midway on seeing Dida and Dadi. They had just returned from a trip and were happily chatting with the others.

Then both sighed in relief because they thought that there was something wrong.
Pragya was the first one to notice and came to them.
"Prachi? Why haven't you pick up my phone?"

Prachi immediately took out her phone from her backpack and looked at Pragya guiltily.
"It remained in my bag, sorry..."
Pragya: "The elders are here and have been asking about you two. Go, meet them."
Prachi nodded and stepped forward to meet Dida/Dadi.
She hugged both of them and greeted them politely.

Ranbir's loving eyes on his girlfriend were too obvious and Pragya noticed it as well.
"Why are you looking at Prachi like this?"
Ranbir looked at her and nodded no.

"I am only happy that everyone is together. That's it."
Pragya's doubtful expression worried him and he quickly escaped her interrogative eyes.
"I will meet them as well."
Pragya's eyes followed him suspiciously while Ranbir was worried.