Love, rise and shine

This chapter is dedicated to Pooja Jain. I hope you will like it dear.

"Ranbir..."
His name escaped her lips in a whisper as she grew emotional on seeing him after 6 years.
Tears filled her eyes and her heart started beating fast. Her heart also reacted like this whenever her husband was closed, but today was special.

She was seeing him after 6 years... and for the first time in these 6 years, she was relieved and actually felt alive.
Prachi, emotionally: "Baklu..."
Her hand moved forward to call him but noises were heard as other people gathered around escaping from the terrorists.
Ranbir was helping a man, so his attention didn't go on her.
She tried to move closer to him but due to the crowd of people, it was difficult.

In one last attempt, Prachi called out his name a bit louder. Ranbir froze on hearing his name... but it was because he instantly recognised his Chikchiki's voice.

"Ranbir..."
It wasn't a figment of his imagination. He looked around trying to locate his wife. But it wasn't easy amongst all those people. However, he stopped when he saw her reflection in one of the mirrors there.

And time stopped...
They both froze when their eyes met through the mirror. In that instance, there were only the two of them.
Their eyes filled with tears as it had been a long time since they last met.

6 years of suffering came to an end just at a glance of each other.
Even a few feet apart, their hearts were racing and beat faster than usual.

Ranbir, emotionally: "Prachi..."
He turned around and was face to face with her. They both looked at each other longingly and had an eyelock.

Someone from the crowd bumped into Prachi and she was about to fall but it didn't happen.
How could it happen when the one who promised to protect was there?

Ranbir inched forward and was able to catch her before she touched the ground. He pulled her back to her feet and another eyelock followed.

                      Kyun itna huaa hai tu khafa
                      Hai zidd kis baat ki teri
                      Ki maaregi zyada mujhe maut se
                      Naraazgi teri

                     Jaan nissar hai jaan nissar
                     Tere pyaar pe mere yaar
                     Jaan nissar 

Sometimes words aren't needed and that was the case right now.
Their eyes were enough to show their pain, longing and love.
Their eyes and hearts were filled with love but as usual the minds had to be corrupted. They both had multiple questions and complaints to each other.
But somehow the questions and complaints took a back seat.

A tear escaped Prachi's eyes as she admired her husband after so long. Ranbir's hand moved to her face, he wiped the tear and tenderly caressed her cheek.
Prachi immediately leaned into his touch and closed her eyes to enjoy their closeness.

Ranbir, emotionally once again: "Chikchiki..."
She nodded yes at him both smilingly and teary eyed.
Prachi, with the same emotion as Ranbir: "Baklu..."
Without wasting any second, she was pulled into his arms. He hugged her tightly and felt relieved after such a long period.

Prachi tightened the hug even more as both got lost in it. The solace and peacefulness in each other's arms were something that none could describe.
In that particular moment, they both felt secure and safe. They definitely were each other's home.

Ranbir sought an opportunity and kissed Prachi's head lovingly while still being relieved that she was alive and in front of him.

Amidst the chaos around them, another person bumped into Ranbir which broke Pranbir's moment. They looked around and grew conscious of the situation they were in. Prachi looked at him tensed while Ranbir found a door to their right.