Darker the shade, stronger the love

This is a continuation of the previous update. If you haven't checked it out, please do...

During the night,
Prachi laid on her bed and happily looked at her engagement ring.
Discussions about the other ceremonies were done 2 hours ago.
And everyone agreed for their wedding to be this weekend.
One more week and then she would be married to Ranbir. As she thought about him, she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips.

Subconsciously, she played with the ring around her fingers and was all smiles about her engagement and upcoming wedding.

On the other side, Kohli's mansion:
All Kohlis along with Purab and Aryan were in the hall. Vikram had been questioning Pallavi.
"Did you bring those guests on purpose?"

Pallavi looked away uninterested. She didn't want any further argument as they had had a lot in the past week.
Ranbir, upset: "Did you really do that, Mom?"
Pallavi: "I don't like that girl, Ranbir. Why can't you understand that?"

Ranbir: "Why can't you understand that I love her... and I will forever love her. Even if I don't get married to her."
Pallavi looked on.
Vikram, strictly: "I was clear about this, Pallavi. Ranbir is going to get married to Prachi only, in your presence or without your presence.
This is Ranbir's love here. There will be no compromise."

Purab: "Pallavi, how come you hate Prachi?"
Pallavi: "Every wrong things that ever happen to Ranbir is because of her..."
It was Ranbir's time to look away uninterested.

Pallavi: "She got you arrested... she planted Maya... every thing..."
Ranbir: "She didn't plant Maya... Why would she plant her and then work day and night to save me from her?"
Pallavi: "That was her plan since the beginning.... Trapping you using her innocence. Maybe she wanted her life set, so marrying a rich boy."

Ranbir's frustration grew further on hearing that.
Vikram: "She is Abhi's daughter, Pallavi... but neither her nor her mother is asking something from Abhi. If Prachi wanted, she could use her daughter's rights but no...
You know why?"
Pallavi stayed quiet because she was being cornered here. No-one was on her side here. And the thought that everyone was supporting Prachi angered her more.

Vikram: "Because she is nothing like that. She loves Ranbir equally and even if Ranbir had nothing: no wealth. She would still be with him."
Ranbir smiled gratefully at his father.

Dida: "End of discussion... Ranbir's wedding is happening."
Pallavi left from there angrily. Her family members looked on disappointingly.
Vikram: "go rest, Ranbir..." The latter nodded yes and left as well.

Aryan to Purab: "Dad, I will come home in some time..."
Purab nodded yes knowing the situation. Aryan followed Ranbir to his room.

The latter frustratedly entered there and sat on the edge of his bed. Pallavi's words resonated in his ears and he felt so helpless.
Aryan sat next to him.
Ranbir: "I don't know what to do to convince mom, Aryan? She hates Prachi for things that she thinks Prachi is responsible for..."
Aryan: "I know it's difficult but you got to handle this subtly. We both know that Prachi holds family at her top priority. We will try to make Pallavi Aunty see Prachi in a new light."
Ranbir nodded yes.

Aryan: "For now, just be happy.... You got engaged to the girl you love more than anything. And your mehendi ceremony is in two days. So just enjoy this time."
Ranbir, a bit more relaxed, smiled at his brother: "Thank you."
Aryan: "You are thanking me? That's rare..."
They both ended up chuckling.

Aryan: "We are going shopping tomorrow. You rest... and dream about my sister."
He added the last part teasingly and Ranbir pushed him away playfully.
Ranbir, jokingly: "Get out..."
Aryan, teasingly: "Her name is enough to make you blush..."
Ranbir turned the other side to hide his blush from his brother which the latter laughed.