Deceit versus trust

This chapter is dedicated to Gauri_v_1633 and appy_1644
Hope you will like it guys.

This is where Prachi saw Ranbir and Rhea sleeping together during Mahashivratri. This time, every single member of the family was there: Dida and Vikram too.

Ranbir woke up and grew shocked seeing Rhea with him and noticed that he was shirtless.
Rhea acted all shy and covered herself.
Ranbir: 'What the hell are you doing here?'
Rhea: 'You came here, Ranbir.'

He quickly wore his shirt and saw Prachi at the doorsteps with Shahana. Prachi was emotionless while Shahana just held her arms in a comforting way.
Ranbir stood up, worriedly: 'Prachi...'
But Prachi moved away from there and ran back to her room. Ranbir followed her calling out her name. Shahana also went behind him.

The three ladies looked as Ranbir didn't waste a single second before going behind Prachi. Dida/Vikram also went tense.
Rhea threw a glass down.

Prachi ran inside the washroom and locked it. She leaned against the door and closed her eyes but that image of them sleeping together came back, again and again. This made her open her eyes immediately. Ranbir reached the door and knocked.
Ranbir, worriedly: 'Prachi... Prachi, please listen to me. Please open the door.... Nothing happened, Prachi, absolutely nothing.'

Prachi just blocked her ears with her hands and her body dropped to the floor. She didn't want to hear him. But she wasn't crying nor was sad.
Ranbir, still knocking: 'Please Prachi.... please hear me out once.'
He was feeling so bad and didn't know how to make her listen to him. He didn't do anything, he knows that.

Shahana reached there and knocked as well.
Ranbir, holding Shahana's hand: 'Shahana, please tell her to listen to me once.'
But Shahana jerked his hands off: 'Please... just stop. And go from here. I can handle my sister.'

Ranbir was upset hearing this as Shahana has always supported him, but every single person would be misunderstood .
Shahana, concernedly: 'Prachi, please come out. Okay... at least talk to me, so that I know you are fine.
Please Prachi....'

But she got no answer.
Shahana: 'Prachi, please. You are scaring me... You are already unwell.'
Ranbir looked on and was worried. He furiously knocked on the door. Right now, her health is more important.
Prachi, emotionless: 'Shahana, you wanted me to tell him about my health, right? Go ahead, tell him.'
Shahana, teary eyed, nodded no. Yes, she wanted her to tell him but now, it doesn't feel right....

Ranbir, to Shahana: 'What did she mean? What's wrong with her health? Tell me, Shahana.'
Shahana, angrily: 'You don't deserve to know, especially after this.'
Ranbir: 'Prachi, I was drunk but I do remember, nothing happened last night. Nothing, absolutely nothing. Please trust me.'

Prachi just went under the shower and let the water flow on her. She didn't care that her clothes were getting drenched or what. She just wanted to calm herself down a bit before actually confronting Ranbir.
Dida and Vikram came there.

Dida turned Ranbir to her and wasted no time before slapping him. He held his cheek in shock as Dida has never done that: forget slapping him, she hasn't even scolded him.
Dida: 'What did you do, Ranbir?'
Ranbir, crying: 'I didn't do anything, Dida. Please trust me.'
Dida, angrily: 'that was nothing... we all saw it. You and Rhea....'
Vikram: 'I advised you to show your love to Prachi and this is how you do that.'
Ranbir: 'Dad, at least you, please, trust me. I swear I didn't do anything.'
Vikram and Dida looked away from him and Ranbir realised that they didn't trust him.

Dida, worriedly, asked Shahana about Prachi.
Shahana: 'She locked herself and isn't opening.'
Dida, tense: 'What if she did something to herself?'
This shocked everyone there and especially Ranbir. He turned to the door and pleadingly asked her to open the door.
Shahana: 'No Dida, Prachi won't do anything.'

She wouldn't as Shahana knew that whatever happens, Prachi will think about her baby first. She wouldn't harm herself just for the well-being of her baby. But she couldn't tell them why she was so sure.

Vikram also tried talking to Prachi but in vain, they were no longer getting any response from her side. And this worried them further.
Ranbir: 'I am breaking the doors.'
But before that, they heard the door unlocking and it finally opened. They were surprised to see Prachi all drenched.
Shahana went to get a towel quickly and covered Prachi with it.

Prachi: 'Don't worry, I am fine.'
Ranbir, tense: 'Prachi, I didn't do anything. Please trust me.'
Prachi: 'I want to talk to Ranbir alone...'
Dida/Vikram/Shahana exchanged looks and then nodded. Shahana handed her the towel and they left.

As soon as they left, Ranbir began explaining to her again.
Ranbir: 'Prachi, please trust me....'
But she stopped him. She faced him trying to control her emotions.

Prachi: 'Just let it out, Ranbir. Say that you made a mistake, apologise and then we will go back to how we were. I promise you.'
Ranbir looked at her confused and hurt.

Prachi: 'Just say it, there is no-one here. You will feel light afterwards and you just need to apologise once and I will make everything right after it.'
Ranbir: 'But Prachi, I am telling you that I didn't do anything. Nothing happened between me and Rhea.'

Prachi: 'How much will you lie? You made a mistake, accept it just once and everything will be fine.'
Ranbir: 'Are you hearing what I am saying, Prachi? I am repeating it again and again, I didn't do anything.'

Prachi, emotionless: 'Mistakes can be made by everyone, we are humans. I am just asking you to say it once and I will forgive you.'
Ranbir, angrily: 'Prachi, I didn't do anything... Please trust me.'

Prachi, this time teary-eyed: 'Did you trust me two months back?'
Ranbir was taken aback by this question and realisation dawned in. Why did these words sound so familiar to him?
Because he was the one who told her that two months ago.

Prachi, with tears flowing down her cheeks: 'You want me to trust you after this, when you didn't before... How can I trust you when you didn't two months ago? You saw me just like that itself.'

Ranbir recalled everything he said to her that day, how he didn't trust her... She said only one part of what he said to her and he is feeling so bad, he cannot imagine how she felt after all the other harsh words.

Prachi: 'You know what's hurting me the most? When I saw you with Rhea earlier, it hurt... It hurt extremely.... But then my heart has been screaming and telling me to trust you.'
He looked at her shocked but also guilty.

Prachi, crying: 'My heart kept telling me that no, my Ranbir cannot do this. He loves me and only me. That's it. That's the only thing in my mind.
Then what happened to your heart two months ago? Why couldn't it trust me, Ranbir? Why?'

She held his collar aggressively and questioned him: 'Why am I trusting you even after seeing everything?
Why did you not trust me? Why?'

She broke down in front of him and he hugged her in order to console her. He didn't have any words to say to her....
Today, he realised how much he hurt her with his words and for not trusting her. It had to happen with him so that he understood what she went through.
He was feeling so ashamed of himself at that moment.

His love was the only thing he was proud of but today he realised that he himself broke them and he was blaming her all this time.
Prachi, breaking the hug, started to hit him: 'I hate you.... I hate you for everything...'
He didn't stop her once, he knew he deserved that. Hell, he deserves more than this. He put her in a hell for one month and when she came back, he was married to her sister.
How much wrong could he do with that?

He silently bore all her hits, it was hurting him since she wasn't hitting that hard. But she was just removing her frustration.

In the end, she trusted him, that mattered to him most, but he had to prove his love for her. He was going to prove to everyone that she was innocent two months ago and cleared her image in front of his family members.
And then, he will apologize to her.

Right now, he just hugged her as her hits stopped and she was once again crying.
He needed to make everything fine. and also know about her health. He needs to take care of her.

Hope you like it and next short story will be on the holi track...
In some days❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much for all the lovely words and Broken Angel will be updated tomorrow. 😊