Sorry is not enough

This chapter is dedicated to ManishaBais7.
Hope you will like it dear.

The night was drowned in darkness but it wasn't the only place. Darkness had clouded Kohli's mansion.
The night had revealed a big conspiracy... a conspiracy that ruined lives.
Two lives: Prachi and Ranbir.

And one of them came on the terrace to find some peace.... But he was in distress.
Nothing was bringing him peace.

His teary eyes went to the full moon. Its brightness illuminated the area but unfortunately it wasn't illuminating his life.
The tears that he had been holding flew freely.

Ranbir, to himself: "What did I do?"
He was having difficulty breathing when his sobs got louder.
A hand landed on his shoulder and he turned to find his brother. He immediately engulfed Aryan in a hug.

Ranbir, sobbing: "What did I do, Aryan?"
His brother just consoled him but couldn't say anything else.
Ranbir, breaking the hug: "I broke my relationship with my hands only... I ruined everything.
Prachi and I separated because of me... How could I be so blind?"

Tears gushed out of his eyes uncontrollably.
Ranbir, guiltily: "I used to say that no-one can love Prachi like I do...
But why did my love lack trust? Why didn't I trust her, Aryan?"

Aryan stayed quiet; he had no answers to Ranbir's questions.
Rhea had successfully created distance between them and unfortunately Ranbir had let her.
The hotel truth was revealed just an hour ago. And since then, shock and guilt were the only thing Ranbir was feeling.

Ranbir, crying: "When Sid and Prachi were telling me that there was nothing between them... what did I do?
I scolded them, insulted them to another level... the things I told Prachi..."
He sobbed more recalling that.

Ranbir: "Why didn't I believe her, Aryan? How come my trust and love was so weak?"
He moved to the railing and angrily hit the metal with his bare hands.
Three hits... only three before Aryan stopped him. His knuckles were badly bruised but that wasn't bothering him.

Aryan hugged him once again and looked on.
"Go, apologize to her, Ranbir. She is downstairs itself, in your room."

Ranbir moved away.
"How can I meet her eyes after all this, Aryan? After everything I said to her... I hurt her so much... Even I can't look at myself..."
She won't forgive me."

Aryan: "Forgiving you is on her... but asking forgiveness is your job. You realised that you did a mistake, right?"
Ranbir nodded yes.

Aryan: "Then apologize to her. Do your everything to convince her. Okay?"
He nodded once again.

Aryan: "Then go..."
He pushed Ranbir so that he could go to Prachi.

Pranbir's room:
Shahana was hugging Prachi who was relieved that the truth was out.
After one and a half month of torture, she could finally breathe properly.
The big accusations on her was finally off but the person she wanted to be here wasn't.

She had waited to see his reaction but he didn't meet her eyes at all when the truth was being revealed.
And after that, he had escaped the scene.

However, footsteps caught her attention and the girls turned to the door. Arbir were there and Aryan signed Shahana to leave them alone.

Arhana soon left from there leaving the couple to clear the air between them.

Ranbir approached Prachi slowly. His every steps felt heavy. He had never felt so guilty in life. He wasn't being able to bear the fact that he had hurt the girl he claimed to love so much.