For his safety

This chapter is dedicated to IshikaBhalerao.
Hope you will like it.

Prachi sat on the window sill watching the moon, lost in her thoughts. There was a strange sadness in her eyes. She seemed so distant at this moment and no-one noticed that.

No-one except her husband... Ranbir, who had just come inside the room. He sighed desperately seeing her like that. He approached her and hugged her from behind.

Ranbir, as softly as possible: 'Missing him?'
She turned to him and hugged him properly. She closed her eyes enjoying their hug. Listening to his heartbeats always calmed her down and it was the same today. Only him, his hug and his arms could bring this much peace to her.

Ranbir had already wrapped his hands around her. He knew that she needed his comfort. The last year has been the most difficult ones for them. They had to make a very difficult decision... the most difficult decision.
Ranbir, sensing her sadness: 'Let's go... we will meet him and come back tomorrow...'

Prachi, sadly: 'For how long, Ranbir? How long will we have to continue like this? Sometimes, I regret that decision because we have to stay away from him... but then I see what is happening in this house and I think that it was right...'

Ranbir, comforting her: 'I know... I understand you, Prachi...I am in the same situation as you, we are helpless. But just for him, we have to do it.'
She nodded yes: 'But it's hard... sometimes I feel so weak...'

Ranbir, sadly: 'But we have each other, right? We are each other's strengths. Mom needs to see Rhea's truth, then everything will be okay...'
She nodded understandingly but couldn't help feeling bad about this. Ranbir knew it as well.

They both came outside for dinner and looked on while Rhea was doing her usual drama. They both ignored her and took their places at the table. Rhea fumed as Ranbir didn't pay attention to her.

Pallavi and Aliya were dealing with her mood swings. She was in her nine months of pregnancy and claimed that the baby was of Ranbir. But the latter has refused saying that nothing happened between the two of them.

Pallavi, however, believed everything that Rhea has said and was tolerating her tantrums.
Pallavi, angrily to Ranbir:"Ranbir... take Rhea outside to eat. She wants ice-cream..."

Ranbir:"I am not going anywhere. She knows how to drive and if she cannot drive, she always has her Buji and you."
Rhea:"but you are the baby's father."
Instead of arguing with her, he stayed quiet. He wouldn't encourage the fighting. In fact, he refused to speak to her.

Ranbir, to Vikram:"Dad, Prachi and I are going out after dinner.... We will return in the tomorrow night."
Vikram nodded along with Dida, but the other vicious ladies fumed.

Dida and Vikram had already made a set of rules that none dared to break. He has put two choices in front of everyone: no arguing during dinner time or if they couldn't do that then everyone eats in his own room.

So everyone had to agree about the no arguing fact. Rhea, especially as this was the only time she could see Ranbir, otherwise he is either at work or with Prachi.

Pallavi:"I have planned Rhea's baby shower for the day after tomorrow. It has to be the best one... after all she is giving birth to Kohli's first heir..."
Prachi stiffened hearing her and Ranbir noticed it. He subtly placed his hands on hers and caressed her knuckles.

He signed her: not to pay attention to this. She smiled weakly at him. Rhea fumed seeing their little interaction.
Aliya:"that's why Ranbir, you are required for every preparation here... you cannot go out..."
Ranbir pointed at Prachi's plate and asked her if she was done.