The end (2)

This chapter is dedicated to blossom2092001, stepholala and Anshikajain143.
You asked for a second part, so here it is.

The sun rays illuminated the room where Prachi was sleeping peacefully. As the lights fell on her face, she stirred and was about to turn on the other side but couldn't.
She felt something heavy on her. This made her open her eyes and she realised that she had slept in her bridal lengha itself.

As she sat properly, her eyes went on the empty spot on the other side of the pillow wall she had created last night.
She stood up and walked to the washroom. She brushed her teeth and then came out. She didn't have any exchange clothes: she didn't take anything yesterday.

As she was thinking what to do, the delicious and aromatic perfume of food hit her nostrils. Confused, she walked to the kitchen. She stood there watching her husband near the stove. He was cooking something but she couldn't see what it was.

Her eyes went on the several grocery items that were on the counter. Looked like he went shopping early morning.
On the dining table, there was another bag and she went to open it.

On hearing her ruffling with the bag, Ranbir turned to her. She found some clothes for them in that.
Ranbir: "I bought us some clothes... I didn't buy you saree, suits are easier during pregnancy."
She glanced at him through the corner of her eyes. He was still watching her, waiting for a reply.

But Prachi was not going to give him that satisfaction easily... after she was still angry. Without answering him, she took the clothes he got her and headed to the washroom.
Ranbir sighed but turned back to the frying pan.

Prachi finally ditched the heavy lengha and was relieved. Due to its weight, it was tiring her.
After her shower, she went back to the kitchen.
Ranbir was done cooking and put the plate on the dining table.

Ranbir, on spotting her: "Breakfast is ready... come on..."
She looked at him indifferently. But this indifference was not like yesterday. This one was more from anger.
He pulled a chair for her and signed her to come forward.

She took a few steps and a smile formed on Ranbir's face but it was short lived as she moved past him.
His gaze followed her as she went to the kitchen.

She took a bowl and poured some cereals. He rushed there and held her hands to stop her.
Ranbir: "I already prepared healthy breakfast for you... Cereals contains too much sugar... and according to your diet... cereals is not recommended."

Prachi, narrowing her gaze on him: "How do you know about my diet?"
Ranbir, ruffling his hair: "I contacted your gynecologist this morning..."
She looked at him with a neutral face.
Ranbir: "I heard an earful scolding from her for not being at any of your appointments."
Prachi, under her breath: "You did deserve that
Ranbir: "You said something?"
She nodded no and walked to the table.

He had heard her and completely agreed to that.
She sat and began eating without waiting for him. He joined her a few seconds later and they ate in silence.

The silence was overwhelming, they have never been so silent ever. Either they were joking around or bickering each other but silence... never...

Prachi: "I have doctors' appointment tomorrow, if you want to come..."
Ranbir, happily: "Yeah... sure. I will accompany you. What time?"
Prachi: "At noon..."
He nodded yes happily.

Ranbir: "Shahana and Aryan are on their way here."
Prachi: "So?"
Ranbir, noticing the strictness in her voice: "Just informing you..."
They finished their breakfast and Prachi was about to stand up but was stopped.

Ranbir, expectingly: "How was it?"
She shrugged at him and stood up to put her plate in the sink.
Ranbir, teasingly: "Judging by the empty plate, I can guess that it was good, in fact delicious."
A small smile came on Prachi's lips but she redeemed herself.
Prachi: "If you know, why are you asking me?"
Ranbir smiled at her response.