She's mine

It's been a long time for short stories. Hope you all will like it❤️

This chapter is dedicated to Yashikasharma123. Hope you will like it dear❤️❤️❤️

Angry voices were coming off of a room. The discussion seemed pretty intense and judging by the tone of that person, no-one would want to go in that office.

But a particular person had to go in, he had another bad news for their boss and he didn't know how his boss was going to react on this.

He knocked on the door and a scary voice uttered a 'come in.'
The man got inside and noticed his boss in the most sour mood. His boss, Ranbir Kohli, the most dangerous man in this town. He has the whole underworld dancing on his tunes. Everyone is scared of him, everyone.

Ranbir barked angrily at the man:"what?"
Man, hesitatingly:"he is refusing to corporate. That's the second time he said no... he will only agree if you go there."
Ranbir, angrily:"then I am going to meet his dead body... call him and tell him that I am ready to meet him."
The man nodded and left, relieved that he didn't have to endure more of Ranbir's anger.

At night, way past midnight:
In an almost broke down house, a man was angrily shouting as he was heavily drunk. He moved upstairs with great difficulty and banged on a door, calling out someone.
Man:"where are you hiding? You had to make me dinner... it's dinner time..."

In his drunken state, he didn't recall that he had already eaten and it was way past dinner time. The door didn't open, the person inside knew exactly what will happen if this door is opened.

Prachi was the one inside, laying on the bed and trying to block the voice of her adopted father. She didn't like to come in front of him when he is drunk. He says so many mean things to her: verbal abuse...
Nothing more but it was still abuse.

She heard the floor making noise and soon the clanking of glass in the kitchen. He was drinking yet again and she knew he will soon pass out. This was her chance to get out of the house. It was reeking with alcohol and this was making her sick.

She let an hour pass and listened attentively. Hearing no voice or sounds, she concluded that the way was clear. She took her jacket and stealthily tiptoed downstairs.

As she correctly guessed, her father laid on the couch, past out. But she didn't want to risk going in front of him and thus decided to use the backdoor. She slowly closed it once she was out.

She often ventures out at night, it was perilous especially because that area is the wrong side. Every delinquent lives there but it was her only escape. The only way she could get out of the house, for herself.

She pulled her jacket closer and put the hood on. No-one could recognize her in this. She walked till the very end of the road of a road. It was a usual one but it was a crossroad and she never went to the right side of it.

Wanting to be a little daring, she opted for the right one. She continued walking while thinking about her mother. They adopted her and were very nice but after her mother's death, her father succumbed to alcohol. And doesn't seem to get out anyway soon.

Her thoughts were broken when she heard a piercing blast. Prachi's hands went to her ears covering them.
But when she didn't hear anything again, she looked around and noticed that she had come to an isolated area and an under construction building.

Prachi, to herself:"I shouldn't have come here..."
As soon as she turned, the sounds of blast came back... and this time, one after the other.

Just like the previous time, she covered her ears. And it started to dawn it that those blasts were actually gunshots... she looked at the building in shock. Her feet refused to move as if they were glued to the soil.