Triangle

11500 words....
I posted it in only one chapter... so prepare yourself for a long reading.

Please do drop your comments❤️

And thank you for everything guys...
Your every comment mean a lot to me... thank you❤️
—————————-

This chapter is dedicated to _ankitaaa_. Hope you will like it dear❤️❤️❤️

A boy entered a beautifully decorated house. His eyes went over the staircase which was adorned with white and pink flowers like the rest of the house. It was not too extraordinary or too simple as well. It was in the right balance of beautifully decorated.

He looked around trying to find the host. However, he only saw people in traditional outfits. And found it awkward as he was the only one dressed in a black suit.

A boy came to greet him and shook his hands. He recognized the familiar face as one of his employee but due to the traditional wear, he was confused.

Boy: "It's nice to see you here, Ranbir Sir..."
Ranbir nodded at him: "Have you seen Mr. Mehra?"
Boy: "He is in the kitchen, trying to convince his granddaughter to get ready..."
Ranbir: "I will meet him..."

After getting the directions from the boy, Ranbir moved to the kitchen and saw the person he was searching for.
It was an elderly man and the latter grew extremely happy on seeing Ranbir. He left all his chores and came to greet him.

Mr. Mehra: "Ranbir Sir... I am so glad that you came..."
Ranbir: "How could I not come when you invited me, Dadu."
Mr. Mehra: "There are many employees here, you shouldn't call me that. They will think you are being partial to me."

Ranbir: "We are outside the office right now and you are our eldest employee."
Indeed he was the eldest one, so Ranbir considered him as his own grandfather.

Ranbir: "Congratulations for your granddaughter's engagement..."
Mr. Mehra proceeded to hug him and heartily thanked his boss.
Dadu: "I will introduce you to her..."
He looked around and noticed that there were the only one there.

Dadu: "She must have gone to get ready. She will be out soon."
Ranbir, teasingly: "She is the bride, shouldn't she already be ready?"
Dadu: "Technically yes, but she did everything on her own since there is not a lot of people to help and it's only now that she went to get ready."

Ranbir nodded understandingly. He knew about their family situation as he was very closed to Mr. Mehra. His son and daughter-in-law died in a car crash 15 years ago, leaving him with his 5 years old granddaughter.

They both are trying to survive in this money-minded world and have been successful till now. Dadu has always praised his granddaughter to Ranbir and he could see how much love there was between the granddaughter/grandfather duo.

He accompanied Dadu till the living room and noticed everyone busy chatting with each other.
Dadu: "Sir, you please sit. I will just be back."
Ranbir: "Sure, Dadu."

He took a seat on the couch there and awkwardly looked around. He was feeling out of place as he never like these social gatherings. He took out his phone and began checking his mail waiting for the engagement to start.... or rather to finish so that he could head home.

While typing a mail on his phone, he heard the sounds of some anklets which stopped in front of him. He lifted his eyes up and met the most beautiful pair of brown eyes.
He was stupefied for a moment and continued staring in those brown eyes. The make-up around her eyes made them pop out beautifully.

As she registered that he was not hearing anything that she was saying, she waved her hands in front of him. The sounds of her bangles broke his reverie and he redeemed himself.
"Hi... You must be Ranbir Sir, right?"