I put my trust in you, prove me right

This chapter is dedicated to NoorjahanBegum425, dewdrops1995, Diisshhaa20 and Sathi_Veda.

This has been due for a long time, sorry for the wait, but hope you will like it.

Prachi sat in front of the mirror, looking at her reflection sadly. Right now, she felt layers of unsettling emotions: sadness, disappointment, desperation and anger.
A great pang gripped her heart as her eyes filled with tears.

She was trying to figure out her next action. She didn't want this... She was suffocating as she was helpless.
Her eyes moved to the photo on the wall. The photo to which she was expressing herself to. The photo of her husband.

As she thought about him, he appeared behind her. She watched his reflection in the mirror for a brief second and then they moved down to her lap.
She couldn't look at him as her heart refused to believe that he had asked her to marry someone else. Her heart refused to believe that he didn't trust her once again. He easily believed Rhea's and Sid's words over hers.

Ranbir saw how the beautiful white saree was still on the bed. His eyes went to his wife who sat on the little stool. Her body language was a clear indicator of how she was feeling. Her shoulders were slumped and her eyes refused to meet him.
His heart pricked seeing that but he was the one who asked her to marry someone.
And since then, his heart hurt so bad... Every inch of him hurt immensely.

He approached her and touched her shoulders. But Prachi refused to look at him.
Ranbir: "You should get ready... the engagement will start shortly."
He couldn't ignore how his heart squeezed in agony saying those words. He was literally asking her to get engaged to someone else.

In order to divert his attention from his own feelings, he took the saree from the bed. Noticing him, she felt recalled his words of getting married to Sid. They kept playing in her head.

And one emotion surged the most in that instance: Anger. She was angry... angry at him. She yanked the saree from his hands and walked to the washroom without sparing him a look.
Ranbir watched her retreating figure painfully. Once the door closed, he sat on the bed's edge and then took out his phone.

Soon after, Ranbir heard the door opening and he turned. The beautiful saree looked 10 times more beautiful than before.
It complimented Prachi wonderfully and he couldn't remove his eyes from her. Indeed, his wife was the most beautiful girl for him.

Ranbir: "Let me make you ready..."
She didn't react to that but quietly sat in front of the mirror. Ranbir knew that it was his green signal. He looked at the royal jewelry that his mother had arranged. They were big ones but he knew they would enhance her beauty.

His hands first went to the heavy golden necklace. He slowly made her wear it around her neck. He had expected that Prachi would move her hair like always but there was no movement from her side.
His one hand released the necklace and began to move hair out of the way.

However, his fingers slightly brushed her skin. She startled at his touch and soon goosebumps started to form which was noticed by Ranbir.
He tied the necklace around her neck and let her hair fall back to its place.

Next, he took the head jewelry and was about to put it on her forehead but she stopped him by holding his hands. He looked at her in the mirror itself.

Without any reaction, she got the vermilion box and opened it. She took a pinch and quietly applied it to her forehead. He watched her lovingly as she did so.

After doing so, Prachi once again went on her indifference mode. Ranbir knelt down beside her and took one of her earrings.

His finger tugged her hair at the back of her ear but amidst this, his fingers accidentally touched her cheek. Subconsciously, Prachi's eyes went close and Ranbir noticed how his touch was affecting her.