Breaking the rules

This chapter is dedicated to Rajninawal.
Hope you will like it dear. ❤️

Prachi sadly looked at the decorated mansion from outside. She was contemplating whether she should go in or not.
But she had to: she was here to meet Pragya, but the boy who she loves immensely is getting engaged to someone else inside.
Someone who blackmailed her into breaking up with him, someone who is using their parents to make her her do anything.
But she was hopeless too, she was doing all of this for her Maa.

She took a deep breath preparing herself for whatever would happen inside. And then entered to house. She tried to avoid everyone's eyes but ended up bumping into someone.
Two arms securely held her and she knew instantly that those two arms belonged to the one who has always protected.

Ranbir was surprised seeing Prachi there but didn't let it show on his face: he was angry, angry at her and at himself because her eyes were in so much pain trying to tell him something but he wasn't being able to decipher it.
He straightened her back on her feet.

Ranbir, angrily:"what are you doing here?"
Prachi looked away as she didn't want him to see her painful and teary eyes.
Ranbir:"did you come to assist my engagement? Or better, to see how much you broke my heart?"
He noticed how she was avoiding eye-contact and knew she was hiding something.
He knew that she must be doing this for some reason and he wanted to know it.

Prachi, trying to hide her pain:"I... I came to meet M..."
She stopped from saying Pragya as no-one knew that Pragya was there in disguise. She was unaware that Ranbir knew it.
Ranbir:"to meet who?"
Prachi:"Papa... I came to meet Papa..."
She was about to go inside but he caught her wrist and made her face him.
Ranbir:"you want to see Chief?"
She nodded still not meeting his eyes.
Ranbir, holding her hands:"let's go. I will make you meet him.
She tensed up but before she could argue, he started pulling her. While going in, he made sure that she stayed hidden from everyone's eyes.

He pulled her in his room.
Prachi:"this is your room..."
Ranbir:"right... you need to do something for me before you meet Chief."
Prachi:"what?"
Ranbir:"Groom me..."
She looked at him, directly in the eye for the first time in the evening. He noticed the evident hurt in Prachi's eyes.

Ranbir, trying to remain unbothered:"what happened? Didn't you hear me? I said groom me... help me getting ready for my engagement."
Prachi didn't answer him but just watched him teary eyed.

He went back to his clothes on the bed.
Ranbir:"so, should I wear red or green?"
Prachi was trying hard to control her feelings and the tears but it was getting more and more difficult with each passing second.

Ranbir:"Maybe green... but then people will misunderstand as you are also wearing green. And it should be matching on engagement day.
People will think that we are getting engaged as it's matching. But the truth is that I do wish to get engage to you... to the girl i love..."

Prachi looked at him lovingly but painfully. She didn't know what to say so instead of replying, she closed herself off and backed off till she hit the mirror.
Ranbir, teary eyed:"and mom got matching accessories as well for the red one. See..."

He approached her and forwarded his hands just beside her waist. Prachi felt his close proximity and closed her eyes.
He noticed it and stopped midway and instead put his hands on her waist. She sucked in a breath.
He observed her reaction to his touch.

His thumb drew circles on her waist and she leaned further into his touch. Ranbir also took a step forward closing the gap between them. His other free hand went to her cheek and tenderly caressed it.

He grew even more closer and connected their foreheads.
Ranbir, softly:"if you don't love me, then why are you getting bothered by my touch?"
She couldn't answer him as him being so close made her feel numerous feelings: those she cannot express...