We've decided on forever

100k.... Short stories reached 100k read.
Thank you, thank you so much.❤️

This chapter is dedicated to Rajninawal. Hope you will like it...

"Now, you are husband and wife... You may take the blessings of the elders."

Wedding festivities should be full with happiness where everyone would bless the newly married couple wholeheartedly.
Each member of the family would be so happy seeing their children taking a new step in their lives.

But was there anyone who was happy in Kohli's mansion right now?

The answer was a big fat NO...

None of them were...
Reasons: too many to count but mostly because Ranbir didn't want this wedding, none of the Kohlis wanted it...

The bride had trapped Ranbir so bad that it was difficult for him to escape her clutches.
They were helpless: they tried everything to stop this wedding but everything failed.

And now, the wedding was done... Ranbir was destined to have the worst marriage possible.
There weren't an ounce of joyfulness in the big mansion.

As the priest asked them to take the elders' blessing, the couple reluctantly moved down the altar.
They took blessing of Ranbir's parents and Dida. They had blessed only their son whereas it was halfhearted for the bride.

One person arrived there and was disappointed at the occurring. He had arrived late...
The ceremony was over and Ranbir was married.

But behind him, no-one noticed that there was someone else who entered the venue.
"This wedding can't happen..."

On recognizing the voice, they all turned to the door. They were all shocked to see the supposedly bride of the day at the door.
"Maya..." Her father called out dumbfounded.
His wife and him rushed to their daughter as she was huffing and slightly injured.

Kohli family turned to the bride whose face was covered by her stole.
It was only now that a smile appeared on Ranbir's face. He held his bride's hand and made her face him.

He took off the veil from her face, revealing that it was none other than his Chikchiki behind it.
The shocked faces of the family members soon turned into huge grins.
Realisation of what happened started dawning in.
Abhi recalled Rhea's love for Ranbir and was dejected. He had no idea what to do now. Thankfully, Rhea wasn't present.

Ranbir held Prachi's hands and walked to Pragya.
They took her blessings while Abhi was shocked seeing her.
Pragya, happily, blessed them and hugged both of them.
"I am so happy for you."

Vikram, happy but confused: "Ranbir, what's going on?"
Pranbir exchanged looks and recalled how the bride swap had happened.

Prachi and Shahana had made Maya unconscious in her designated room and she got dressed as the bride.

However, the plan wasn't to get married, they had thought that they would get the necessary proof to prove Ranbir's innocence. Unfortunately, they didn't get anything.

And that's when Ranbir had gone to Pragya.

Flashback:
He asked Pragya to follow him to his room and he locked it once inside.
Ranbir, panicking: "Aunty... I can't do this wedding. I really can't."
Pragya: "I know... but how are we going to stop this?"
Ranbir, still in a panicked state: "I am running away... there is no other option. That's why I am telling because I have no other place than yours.
Can I hide there?"

Pragya, reasonably: "If you could elope, we would have done it a long time ago. Your father could arrange for any other country, Ranbir...
But you didn't want to go...
You know why?"