The end

This chapter is dedicated to Versatileveida and _pranbirians_.
Hope you all will like it.

5300+ words... Prepare yourself for the long read.

The eerie silence in the room was scary, just like in those horror movies: the silence before the ghost would appear.
Apart from the tickling of the clock on the wall, there was no other sound. To everyone, this particular room would be scary but the girl sitting in front of the mirror was different.

She was dressed beautifully in a gorgeous red lengha with all the bridal jewelry. Any girl would be happy because it was the bride's day, but the girl stared at her reflection emotionless.

She should be happy, she was able to do all functions and was dressed as a bride, which she never got the opportunity before.
But she wasn't...
How could she be happy?
The groom was different... it wasn't the boy who resided in her heart. It wasn't the boy who she loved immensely nor the boy she was pregnant with.

Her heart clenched on recalling his words. She had asked him yet again two days ago and he just nodded.
He did want her to get married to someone else. Her heart broke in million pieces with just a nod.

She cried vigorously in her room after that, hidden from everyone's eyes but now the tears had dried off. There were none left...
The ticking of the clock caught her attention, the wedding was in one hour...
She stood up and went to her wardrobe. She took out two files and stared at them.
For the first time in the last couple, she was determined. Determined for something she never wished to do.

Downstairs, the preparations were already made. The hall was beautifully decorated and that too in a lavish style.
Everything was according to Prachi's preference. Her husband had made sure that her every wish were fulfilled.
Except for the groom, everything was to Prachi's taste and choice. But her husband had forgot that these materialistic things wouldn't bring a smile on her face.

The guests had already come and Sid was made to sit in the alter.
Ranbir walked to Shahana who was in a corner. She was so helpless that she couldn't help her sister.
Ranbir, with a weak voice: "Shahana..."
On hearing his voice, she turned to him and he noticed the furry in her eyes.
Shahana, angrily: "What do you want now? Everything is already happening according to your wish. What else do you want?"

He looked on sadly. This wasn't what he wanted. He wanted only his Chikchiki... only her. But the situation was against them... He was helpless...
He thought so.... But was he helpless in real?

Ranbir: "You should stay with Prachi... She shouldn't be left alone."
Shahana: "You already left her.... She is already alone. She only has your baby now."
Hearing her calling the baby as his made him look at Shahana.
He looked guiltily at Shahana and she frustratedly moved away from him.

The priest began the rituals with the groom while Ranbir looked on sadly. His heart crushed and ached each and every time, he thought about this wedding.
How could he watch his Chikchiki, his Prachi, marry someone else...

Rhea was content as all things were going as planned and was happy as finally, Prachi would be out of her way...
However, her smile turned to worry when she saw Prachi coming there. The bride was yet to be called.
So why was she outside?

Rhea, surprised: "Prachi..."
On hearing the bride's name, they all turned to the corridors which led to her room. They looked on confused.
Shahana looked at the determination of her sister: she was aware what her sister was about to do.
She couldn't stop her because she was right...

Prachi, bravely but emotionlessly, walked to her husband. Ranbir maintained eye-contact with her but he was distraught by the indifference in her eyes.
The make-up artist might have hide her dark circles and red eyes but he saw through her.