Stuck in love

This chapter is dedicated to _pranbirians_.
Hope you will like it, dear and that I live up to the expectations.

Prachi wanted to leave immediately as she was scared for Ranbir to find her here. But destiny had other plans, as soon as she opened the door, she came face to face with her husband: the person she was avoiding.

Ranbir was shocked seeing her there and Prachi was also stressed.
Ranbir: 'What are you doing here?'
The doctor behind Prachi connected the dots and questioned Ranbir: 'Are you Prachi's husband?'

Ranbir looked at a stressed Prachi and then nodded yes to the doctor. He was here to take his phone but least expected Prachi there.
Doctor: 'Ranbir, your wife is under too much stress and this is affecting her badly. You need to take proper care of her before it gets worse.'

Prachi stayed quiet, neither she tried to stop the doctor nor said anything. Maybe it was good that Ranbir get to know as she was aware that she needed him in her pregnancy.

Ranbir looked at the doctor confused and was about to question her but a nurse came there, stating an emergency. The doctor excused herself and left. Ranbir turned to Prachi who was sad at what the doctor said and worried for her baby's health.

Ranbir approached her and reassuringly held her arms and softly asked her.
'Is everything fine, Prachi?'

Hearing the softness of his voice, she looked at him teary-eyed. She had missed his warmth and softness towards her. She nodded no to him and he instantly got worried.
Ranbir: 'What's wrong?'

Prachi began telling him but his phone, which was on the table, started to ring. They both looked at the caller's ID: 'Rhea', displaying on the phone. Just her name was enough to make Prachi back off from Ranbir.

He looked at her sadly as he realised that she was slipping from his grip. The painful expression on her face, as she recalled their wedding, was hurting Ranbir. In that moment, he realised what a big blunder he made by marrying Rhea.

As soon as she was out of his grip, she rushed out of there. Ranbir took his phone and ran behind her. He tried calling her name to stop but everything that Prachi could see was his wedding with someone else flashing in front of her.

She entered the elevator and the door was about to close but Ranbir entered in the nick of time. Prachi leaned into a corner to catch her breath and she hadn't noticed that Ranbir was there. A few tears escaped her eyes and this pained Ranbir even more.

He moved closer to her and entered her personal bubble. He touched her cheeks and wiped the tears. Prachi didn't have to open her eyes to know who it was. She already knew it by his touch.

Their closeness and his touch made her lean into him. As more tears threatened to leave her eyes, she couldn't stop herself from hugging him. Ranbir too wrapped his hands around her waist, hugging her in the most comfortable way.

And being that close to him unleashed all emotions as she started to sob in his arms. And he could only rub her hair and back to calm her. No words were said as Ranbir knew she had to let it out.

But unaware of it, Prachi was not only sobbing for him but all the stress she was feeling these days and the concern for their baby as well. All came draining.
And it came out as tears.

Suddenly, the lights in the elevator started to flicker. Prachi broke the hug due to that and looked on worriedly. The elevator started to stop but loud thuds and Ranbir protectively held her, until the elevator stopped completely.

Ranbir, worriedly: 'Are you okay?'
She nodded and pointed to the buttons. Ranbir pressed the emergency one but nothing happened. He tried again but the elevator switched off completely.
Prachi looked at the cramped area and grew worried.