Love's embrace

This chapter is dedicated to Steph.... Hope you will like it dear.
And sorry for the long wait.

The sun rays illuminated a room brightly in this sunny morning. A room which accommodated a beautiful girl who was near the wardrobe; looking for something.
She was looking as lovely and pretty as ever despite the huge white bandage on her forehead.
She limped to the bed. The pain in her ankle was less but still there.

She attempted to tie her hair but the bandage restricted her.
"Prachi..."
Her sister, Shahana, came in overjoyed but as soon as she spotted Prachi, the smile died off.
"What are you doing?"
She rushed to her sister and supported her.

Shahana: "Prachi, why are you ready? Where are you going?"
Prachi: "College... I have an..."
Shahana, reprimanding her: "Are you mad? You are still hurt."
Prachi: "I am better now, Shahana. The pain is almost gone."
She obviously lied to her sister but she really needed to go.

Prachi: "The test is very important, Shahana. I cannot miss it."
Shahana: "But, Prachi, everyone in college knows that you had an accident. Teachers/principal, everyone. They will give you another test. You should be resting."
Prachi, sadly: "Actually, I am getting bored at home. I will just do the test and come back. I promise."

Shahana, sighing: "Now, only Masi can convince you."
Prachi, surprised: "Shahana... wait..."
But her sister left, normally Prachi would have followed her but the pain in her ankle intensified which made her sit on the bed.

However, she masked her pain as soon as Pragya and Sarita Aunty came in with Shahana.
Shahana: "Masi, now you tell her to rest. She will only listen to you."
Pragya: "Prachi, she is right and I already informed your principal. He knows how much you were hurt in the accident."
Prachi: "Maa, only the test... then I will be back... and you only taught not to be absent for tests. After all you are also a teacher."

Pragya looked at her and then said: "Okay, but only for the test."
Prachi: "Thank you, maa and I will take care."
She sighed in relief that they agreed. She couldn't tell them the truth; the real reason that she wanted to go to college.

Sarita Aunty: "We should leave for the catering order as well. Prachi, take care, okay. We will be out till late."
She nodded yes.
Pragya: "We will drop you on our way."
Prachi once again nodded and followed them outside. Her ankle was hurting but she hid it... so well that no-one noticed.

College:
Ranbir was waiting anxiously at the gate, his eyes stuck on the road.
Aryan came to him.
"Bro, first we came here so early and now you don't want to go inside. What's wrong?"
Ranbir, preoccupied: "Shahana texted me saying that Prachi is coming to college."
Aryan: "But she is hurt..."
Ranbir: "Yes but she is being stubborn for a test. And I am also idiot... I shouldn't have told her about it."

At the same time, a cab stopped at the gate and Ranbir turned. Prachi stepped out and talked to Pragya while the boys rushed to her.

Pragya: "Take care, okay?"
Prachi nodded yes and Ranbir greeted them. On sensing his presence behind her, Prachi's body responded in a weird way. It started fluttering on its own.
Ranbir added:
"Don't worry, Aunty. I will be with her."
And his hands went to waist and arm to support her. This made Prachi stiffen and she realised how her skin was on fire but only where he was touching her.

She looked at him shyly and a small smile formed on his lips as he felt her gaze. But as Pragya talked to him, he didn't look at her.
The trio bid them bye and Ranbir held Prachi's hands to support her.

Aryan: "Prachi, you could have rest. The test isn't more important than your health."
Prachi: "I know, but I was also getting bored at home."
Aryan: "Ok... because I am sure my brother here will take care of you very well."
He teased them.
Prachi tried to hide her smile but not Ranbir.