Togetherness (2)

Since most of you requested another part to this. Here you go.
Hope you guys will like it.

Next morning:
Prachi was the first one to wake up and looked at Ranbir. She grew confused for a second but then she recalled what happened yesterday.
She lovingly stared at him and unknowingly her hands went to his cheeks.

All their beautiful moments came back to her: their 2 years together, where they were extremely happy. There was no-one to create differences between them. They were at peace and happy in their own world.

She would give anything to be in that phase again but with his second marriage it was different now.
Her little caress and stroking woke Ranbir up. He could feel the way she was admiring him and just her presence around him even when he was asleep.

They both missed this in these 2 months. They missed being each other's. They missed their love and calmness.

Ranbir opened his eyes and saw Prachi lovingly looking at him. Even if he was awake, Prachi didn't back off, like she would usually do.
She had enough of those fights in between them: she didn't want to fight him but there were people outside this room that makes her do it.

Ranbir's voice broke her trance:"Good morning."
It was at that moment that she withdrew her hands from his cheek. She proceeded to sit straight holding the blanket that almost slipped away.
She forgot about this. Ranbir also noticed but instead of handing her her clothes, he gave her his hoodie.
He was wearing a t-shirt, and a hoodie over it last night and during the night he had remove the hoodie.

She quickly wore it, thanking him. There was some awkwardness in between them. They didn't know what to say to each other.
But one thing they both knew was that they no longer wanted to fight each other.

Ranbir had decided to just work, work and work after freeing her from every tie the other night but he can't seem to stay away from her.
And he wanted a last try.

Ranbir:"Prachi, are we going to fight again once we are out of this room?"
She sadly shrugged:"I don't know. I don't want to fight you, Ranbir but once we are out of this room, reality will hit.
The reality that you married someone. You gave my every right to someone else."

Ranbir:"that marriage doesn't mean anything to me, Prachi. And it's void as you announced it."

Prachi, sadly:"even if you don't think so, it doesn't change that you did marry her. Your mom considers her as your wife. She is being presented as your wife in front of everyone.
What am i then?"

He came to her and knelt down in front of her.
Ranbir:"what do you want me to do, Prachi? It's not like i can divorce her since it's not recognizable by the law.
You tell me what to do: i will do anything to make us like before."

Prachi looked at him lovingly:"then why is she still here?"
Ranbir looked on.
Prachi:"they do everything wrong and yet no-one raises questions on them. They are still here ruining our lives."

Ranbir, confused:"what do you mean?"
Prachi:"the inspector told you that it was someone from the family right?"
He nodded.
Prachi:"then think, Ranbir, who in our family will try to harm me?"

This made him think.
Prachi, sarcastically:"Shahana? Dida? Dad?"
He was pensive hearing her.
Prachi:"Mummy? Mummy can hate me and dislikes me but she will never physically hurt me. Never.
So whose left?"

Ranbir looked on seriously.
Prachi:"Rhea, who tried to kill me by an accident, who is responsible for everything that ever went wrong with me, between us."
It started to dawn in, obviously who else could it be except Rhea.
Why couldn't he tell it at first thought itself?

Ranbir:"you are right. She is responsible for this. Even on holi she almost got you.
I will make sure to punish her, Prachi. And she won't be able to do anything harmful to you. I promise you."

Prachi:"what will we do?"
Ranbir:"they played a lot of games, now our turn. Let's make them see how much we are together, happy together and this will make them do something irrational.
Then we catch them."

Prachi nodded.
Ranbir:"are we in this together?" He asked her expectingly.
She looked at his forwarded hands and nodded, holding his hand. This brought a smile on Ranbir's face.
Ranbir, to himself:"once Rhea is out of the picture, i will have dedicate everything to you and win you back."

Even Prachi was lost in her thoughts:"once this is over, we will work on our relationship and I will tell you about our baby."
She subconsciously touched her belly which Ranbir noticed.

Outside, in the hall:
Every single family were there, sitting tensed, thinking about what happened yesterday.
Rhea/Pallavi/Aliya were surprised seeing Pranbir coming together.

Prachi took her seat while Ranbir signed Shahana to move as he wanted to sit next to her and not Rhea. Shahana happily did and moved to Ranbir's old seat. And the latter sat next to Prachi happily.

Rhea fumed seeing that along with Pallavi.
Vikram:"Ranbir? Anything from the police? Did they have a clue on who was behind this?"

Pranbir glanced at the 2 culprits very quickly.
Ranbir:"no Dad. Nothing as of yet. And the police also said that the criminal might have lied that it was someone from the family.
He did it only to escape."

Dida:"but he needs to be caught urgently. What if he tried again?"
Ranbir looked at Prachi tensed. He had to protect her and he wouldn't hide that he also got scared yesterday.

Vikram:"i am increasing the house security. And no unknown person will come in. We can't let this go as it was clearly an attack on her."
Shahana:"yes it was. And it started on holi itself."
Dida also recalled what happened then and agreed. However, Vikram was clueless and asked. Ranbir told him everything.

Vikram:"we should have known it then only and took actions."
Ranbir:"yes it was my mistake. I should have been vigilant."
Dida:"but now, no mistake. How can someone just enter our house and hurt our daughter-in-law like that."

Pallavi looked away uninterested.
Rhea:"she is not the daughter-in-law. I am."
They all looked at her.
Rhea:"and why are you people so worried for her? She is so irritating and hurt everyone, it would have been good if she di..."
Ranbir, angrily, stood up:"shut up, Rhea."

Rhea was shocked seeing Ranbir's anger. Prachi held his hands in order to calm him down.
She knew only her could do that and that too by a single touch.
Pallavi looked on as Ranbir indeed calmed down by one touch of hers.

Ranbir, trying to control his anger:"don't you dare say anything like that again or else I will forget that you are Prachi's sister."
He tried to make it clear: Rhea was Prachi's sister to him, and nothing else.

He angrily left from there while the others glared at Rhea. Prachi followed him till the study room.

Ranbir angrily punched the wall there while Prachi grew tensed. He was yet again hurting himself. Why does he continue this?
And just like the other night, without thinking much, she went and stood in between him and his target. Ranbir stopped at once seeing her. His anger was at its peak and he just engulfed her in his embrace.

She also reciprocated the hug and held onto his waist. She knew he needed her to calm down. And she was letting him calm down in her arms.
They will have to fight against them together: alone would be next to impossible.
And now, they are almost together. Almost.....