She's mine (2)

For those who asked for a second part, there you are... I hope you will like it... ❤️

It took me some time to write this one but let's see hoe do you all find it.

Prachi returned home happily as she thought about the conversation with Ranbir. She never had a relationship but don't know why her heart easily agreed for Ranbir.

But her happiness was short-lived as she looked around her house. It was turned upside down, and things were scattered everywhere. It seemed as if someone broke in.

Prachi, worriedly:"Papa... Papa..."
She dropped her bag on the floor and searched the house frantically.

She went to the small yard behind the house and saw her father fallen on the ground, with blood around him.
Prachi, teary-eyed:"Papa..."
She rushed to him and turned him. His forehead was bleeding. She lightly tapped his cheek to wake him up but in vain.

The wound was bleeding profusely and that worried her even more. She rushed to get a towel and applied slight pressure to the cut. She fished out her phone and immediately called an ambulance.

They arrived pretty fast and her father was given the necessary first aid. In the ambulance, she too her phone to call Ranbir as well.
But the phone didn't go through. She remembered how Ranbir gave her the number of his Right Man. She immediately tried and informed him as soon as the phone was answered.

In the hospital:
Her father was rushed in the emergency room while she worriedly paced around.
The doctors were doing their jobs inside while Prachi stayed tensed.

She felt a hand on her shoulder and looked to find Ranbir. His heart ached seeing the tears in her eyes. Prachi didn't waste a second before standing up and hugging him.

His hands also went around her, holding her securely. Unknowingly, her tears flew down like an unstoppable river.
Ranbir rubbed her hair and back in order to calm her down.

Prachi, with a weak voice:"Papa... he was bleeding so much..."
Ranbir, reassuringly:"shhh, it's okay. He will be fine..."
He made her sit on the cold metallic hospital chair.

Prachi:"he will be fine, right?"
He nodded at her and wiped her tears.

After some minutes, Prachi finally calmed down, she was no longer crying. They both have been silent but his hand held hers reassuringly. He softly rubbed her knuckles and Prachi calmed down due to that only.

The doctor finally came out and Pranbir sprinted to him.
Doctor:"he is okay and out of danger..."
Prachi sighed in relief.
Doctor:"but it seems like someone hit him... just be careful..."
She nodded:"can I meet him, please?"
Doctor:"only you..."

Ranbir nodded and Prachi rushed inside. Her father was laying there looking very pale. He, weakly, smiled at Prachi and signed her to come closer. She obeyed silently.
She sat on the chair beside the bed.

Her father, sincerely:"i am really sorry, Prachi... i was unfair to you on every level since your mother's death. But I never intended to hit you, Prachi...
This alcohol ruins everything and it ruined us as well...."

Prachi just listened to him attentively, without saying anything.
Her father:"I promise you that I will join rehab again and will try to quit it... but please be a little patient with me... and don't hate me..."

She didn't realise how much his words meant to her. She hugged her father and nodded to everything he said to her.

Ranbir watched them from the small window and smiled seeing them. He was happy because his girl was. He somehow knew what this meant to her.