College love (2)

Here is the second part to this short story.
Hope you all will like it.

After school:
Ranbir and the boys were back on the field. The Principal was also there as he watched them, making sure that they have enough practice... He was poking his nose everywhere.

He wanted the best but he didn't realise that the players would get tired and this might lead to underperformance during the match.

And being the great captain that he was, Ranbir discussed his strategy with the coach and Principal so that the latter's attention is no longer on the boys.
It was the same for every match. Although Ranbir never applied those strategies, he had to come up with a new one so the boys can rest a bit.

The Principal left after a call and the boys began thanking Ranbir... even the coach.
Coach:"now, everyone stays in the gymnasium but rest... clear?"
They agreed and headed there.

Aryan:"you gave Prachi your favorite hoodie..."
He pointed to Prachi who was joining them.
Prachi:"why did you give me a hoodie with your name on it? Now, everyone has been staring..."
Ranbir, amusedly:"because that's was the only hoodie that I had... I couldn't give you a shirt, you don't wear them. You are always in hoodie."

She looked at him, realising that he had notice that.
Ranbir, sincerely:"and plus it looks good on you... and about the eyes on you, don't pay attention to them.
You wear anything that you want... and now everyone knows that you are mine..."
They both had an eyelock while Aryan was surprised at his words.

Ranbir, nervously:"I mean... that was the plan, right?"
She nodded avoiding eye-contact with him.
Prachi, awkwardly:"I will go to the library until your match start."
He nodded and she quickly left from there. Ranbir watched her retreating figure smilingly.

Aryan, chuckling:"you are so smitten... whipped to the cord."
Ranbir, defensively:"what? Are you mad? No... there is nothing like that."
He looked at the directions Prachi was going.

Ranbir, recalling their moments:"sure she is nice... hmmm sweet... adorable and extremely gorgeous..."
Aryan came in front of him smirkingly and he realized what he said.

Ranbir, redeeming himself:"but there is nothing like that. She is a good friend... a very good friend."
Aryan, sarcastically:"yeah, yeah. Good friend... I can see the great friendship."

His sarcasm resulted into Ranbir playfully hitting his arm.
Ranbir, smilingly:"shut up and let's concentrate on the match..."
They went inside the gymnasium.

At night:
Prachi went onto the bleachers just before the match start. She didn't take out her book this time. She wanted to watch it for Ranbir. After all, he invited her.

Soon, the players were on the field and Ranbir's eyes moved amongst the crowd to locate the one girl he wanted there.

His eyes found her and he couldn't help himself from smiling. He waved at her while she just smiled at him and signed him all the best. After that, his whole attention went to the game.

But someone else was fuming seeing all of this. Shanaya fumed at their little interaction but her friend handled her. They had their cheerleading moment before and then the game began.

Prachi, for once, was watching and her eyes stayed on Ranbir the whole time. He was great as a captain, directing everyone. The ball went to him and he controlled it before hitting it towards the net.

The crowd went screaming as he scored the first goal for the team. Prachi startled hearing the screams. Usually, she would get so engrossed in her book that it never bothered her.

The other team buckled up their game and went defensive instead of attacking. But their team was all about attack. The competitiveness in them were showcased in their moves. After 15 minutes, they scored another goal and the crowd went all crazy once more.
This continued until the end of the match and their teams had won: a score of 4-0.