Liam COVID-19

Liam's pov

Today I have woken up feeling rubbish. Louis (Who is my husband since 2016) is in the studio recording for his second solo album. I had a lay in. Normally I wake up around 8 or 9 when Louis leaves but I woke up at 11:30. I walk sluggishly downstairs shivering and I see Freddie who is 4 and Bear who is 3 sat on the sofa together watching Paw Patrol. They would have been at nursery today but I have the day off so I am spending time with them. We both decided that we wanted kids and Freddie's biological dad is Louis and Bear's biological dad is me. We both take responsibility for both of them and I am papa and Louis is daddy. Bear spots me and runs over to me "PAPA" I pick bear up say "Morning cub. Morning Fred" Freddie looks over and says "Morning papa. Is daddy at work?" I say "Yeah he is."

I feel a tickle in my throat so I put Bear down and cough into my elbow Freddie says "Papa are you good?" I finish my coughing fit and say "Yeah I'm good Freddie" I sit on the sofa with the boys and Freddie puts his little hand on my head "Papa you feel warm. I call daddy" Freddie is such a caring boy I say "Don't worry Freddie. We don't need to call daddy. What do you want for breakfast?" Freddie says "Papa it is lunch time. Not breakfast time" I smile at the boy and say "What would you like for lunch then boys?" Freddie says "Ham and cheese sandwich please papa" I nod and say "What do you want for lunch Bear?" Bear says "The same as Fweddie pwease" I smile at them and say "Coming right up"

I go into the kitchen and allow my brave face to fall. I really don't feel well. I do wish Louis was here. A tear makes its way down my face and I go into another coughing fit. I hear small feet patter into the kitchen "Papa" I feel a small hand on my back gently patting it. Once I manage to stop I wipe my eyes and look up and see Freddie "You ok Fred?" Freddie nods and says "I'm calling daddy" I say "Don't call daddy I'm alright Freddie I promise. Go and sit back with your brother and I'll make your lunch" Freddie nods and goes back into the living room.

Freddie's pov

I am going to call daddy. Papa isn't feeling well. There is a nasty virus going around papa might have that. I go into the living room and Bear says "Papa otay Fweddie?" I shake my head "I'm calling daddy" Bear nods and I get papa's phone and find daddy's picture before I press the button with the phone icon. I put the phone to my ear and daddy picks up after it rings three times "Hi Liam" I say "It is Freddie daddy" daddy says "Fred where's papa?" I say "Papa is making lunch. Papa keeps on coughing and feels warm daddy. He might have the naughty virus" daddy says "Does papa know you called me Freddie?" I say "No papa didn't want me to call you" Papa walks in with two sandwiches and he says "Who are you talking to Freddie?" I say "No one papa" daddy says "Freddie let me talk to papa yeah" I end the call not wanting to let daddy talk to papa. Papa takes his phone as his phone starts ringing.

Liam's pov

Freddie hangs up the phone and I take my phone as Louis rings me. I answer and say "Hello Lou" Louis says "Is what Freddie said true?" I say "I don't know what did Freddie say?" Louis responds "That you keep on coughing and you feel warm and that you might have the virus?" I go into the kitchen not wanting the boys to see me cry. "Yes it is. I really don't feel well." Louis says "I'll be home in ten minutes" I say "No don't cut the studio time short" Louis responds "I am. My husband is home sick with two children under five and if you have COVID then I am not allowed to be here anyways" I nod and say "Please hurry home. I just wanna sleep but I don't want to leave the boys" Louis says "I'll be home as soon as I can. I promise. See you soon" I say "See you soon" Louis ends the call and I wipe my eyes before going back to the living room.

I see both Freddie and Bear wearing doctors role play and Bear says "Papa. Fweddie and me are gonna get you better" Freddie says "Papa lay down" I nod and lay down on the sofa. Freddie puts his hand on my head and says "Papa you feel warmer than earlier" I nod and Bear puts his toy stethoscope on my chest. I am so out of if it I don't know what is going on. I feel something going in my ear and Freddie says "Papa I am taking your temperature" I nod not really caring. Bear says to me "Papa are you sweepy?" I nod "A little darling" Freddie says to me "Go to sleep papa." I shake my head "I need to wait for daddy to get home first"