Niam

Liam's pov

We are in the middle of the OTRA tour and it is midnight when my phone starts to ring. I take my phone into the main part of the bus so I don't wake anyone up.

I look at my phone and see that my mum is calling me. I am confused. She always texts before she calls I answer the phone anyways "Hi mum. What's up?" I hear her sniff over the phone "Liam, I'm sorry honey your Grandad passed away this morning" I instantly feel tears well up in my eyes he is the reason I am a singer "H..how did he die?" I ask her trying not to cry. I hear her sniff again "You know how his cancer came back" I nod and say "Yeah" I hear a cry from down the phone and that almost makes me start crying but I manage to hold back my tears "He died because his body couldn't cope with the chemo again" A lone tear slips down my face "Mum can I come home for the funeral please?" Another lone tear slips down my face "No Liam Grandad would want you to continue the tour" at that I almost start crying I want to beg her but I just want to go and cry so I just agree "O..ok mum" My mum says worriedly "Liam I do want you here but grandad wouldn't want you to leave tour" I nod even though I know she can't see me "M..mum I s..should go t..to sleep we have an interview tomorrow morning" she sighs and says "Ok Liam give me a call tomorrow. Night" the call ends. I burry my face into the arm of the sofa and start crying.

I must of fell asleep at some point during the night because the next thing I know I a being shaken awake by Paul "Liam, why are you asleep on the sofa?" I shrug my shoulders just feeling numb "Couldn't sleep in my bunk" tears well up in my eyes again. I think Paul noticed "Liam what's wrong?" I shake my head not wanting to talk. I take a deep shakey breath trying to calm myself down and I wipe my eyes. Niall comes out and sits on the other side of me and kisses me." Morning Liam, morning Paul" I give my boyfriend a fake smile then look back down at my lap

Niall's pov

I look at Paul and he shrugs. I rub Liam's back and I see a tear fall down his face "What's wrong Li?" He shakes his head and starts breathing heavily like he is trying to hold back tears and I pull him into a hug and I rub his back. He buries his face in my shoulder and he slowly starts to calm down and he falls asleep against me. "He has fallen asleep" I look at Paul "I found him asleep here when I came in to wake you boys up for the interview. " I nod "Harry is waking Louis up now" Paul nods " Let Liam sleep a little then wake him up when we are closer to the studio." I nod. Harry comes out. "Louis has taken over Zayn's spot of being the most difficult to get out of bed in the morning" I laugh "Tomorrow morning you can get him up then Horan. Is Liam still asleep?" I look down at him and rest my head on his head in a comforting way "Yeah. I think something bad has happened?" Paul looks at me "When I woke him up he almost started crying." I sigh "He has almost started crying twice this morning then" Harry looks at me "Would it be worth calling Liam's mum?" I look at Harry "Karen?" Harry looks at me and says sarcastically "No the man on the moon. Yes Karen" I nod "But I will wait for Liam to tell me if he doesn't tell by the end of today then I will ring Karen" Harry nods and Louis comes out looking grumpy "Morning grumpy pants" Louis glares at me "How come Liam gets to sleep longer?" I look down at Liam "because Louis, we think Liam has had some bad news become he has almost started crying twice this morning already" that woke Louis up more "Why don't we call Karen" I look down at Liam "I am going to wait until tonight to see if he will tell me or anyone if not I will call her" Louis nods.

During the interview still Niall's pov

Liam has been very quiet during the interview only answering questions directed at him luckily this is a radio interview because I have seen him multiple times with tears in his eyes especially when family is mentioned. I put a comforting hand on his knee and I give it a squeeze he looks at me and look back down at his lap "Liam, how has Zayn leaving the band affected the band" he looks up and says with a shakes voice. "We were all sad but understanding of why he left but we just try to continue like we did before but it is not the same because we are missing one of our broth..brothers" he looks down and a tear slips down his face. He wipes the tear away. After the interview Liam quickly goes into the dressing room and I follow him. "Liam what's wrong" he shakes his head again.