Sick alone (after hiatus)

Liam's pov

One direction has been on a hiatus for 3 years now. I miss seeing them every day. Especially since I've thrown up a few times today. I just want someone here with me. I don't care who. I know I have a fever but I can't be bothered to get the thermometer from the bathroom. It's too far away. I grab the bucket and I throw up into the bucket a few times. Once I am finished I can't be bothered to go and empty it out so I put it on the floor and I curl into a small ball and I wrap my arms tightly around my stomach. I wish someone was here to rub by tummy. A tear slowly makes its way down my face. Before I know it I am fully crying.

I must have cried myself to sleep because I get woken up a few hours later due to feeling really nauseous. I grab the bucket and close my eyes and I throw up a few times before the bucket is about to overflow. I put the bucket down and decide that I need to call someone. I'm am too lazy to get my phone so I say "Alexa call Harry" Alexa says in her robotic voice "Calling Harry" he picks up after a few rings. "Hey Li how are you" I respond "I don't feel well. I've thrown up. I think I've got a..a to hot I feel hot but I don't know how hot I am" Harry responds sounding scared "Li you are making no sense are you ok? Do you need me to come over?" I respond "Yeah I want cuddles" Harry responds "I'll be over in a few I'll call Niall and Louis as well." I respond "Ok. See you soon" the call ends

About 10 minutes later the doorbell rings and I sluggishly walk to the door. I open it and see Harry standing there "Li you look really sick." He puts a hand on my forehead "Wow Li you are burning up what was you fever earlier." I shrug and say "The thingy was too far away. Couldn't get up." Harry responds "Where is the thermometer?" I respond slowly "Bathroom cabinet." He nods and takes me to the sofa. He grabs the bucket and he leaves the room.

He comes back a few minutes later and puts the clean bucket down on the floor. He puts the thermometer in my ear and say "39.8. Let's go get you a cool bath."

Harry's pov

Liam nods and rushes upstairs. I follow him and see he is already sat in the bath naked. I say to him gently "There is no water in the bath Li." He nods. I quickly plug the drain and I turn on the taps so it is cool but not too cold. Once the bath is a decent level I start to gently wash Liam's hair. Once his fever goes down he looks up at me and blushes. "Harry when did you get here." I respond "You called me about half an hour ago mate. Nasty fever you had. I am not surprised that you have forgotten" Liam nods and says "Haz I feel sick" I responds "Do you think you might throw up" he nods again and gags throwing up over the side of the bath. I grab the bin and hold it under Liam's chin to catch the vomit. I gently rub his back. He starts crying and he says "I want Louis here too and Niall" I say "They will be here soon. Louis will be here in about thirty minutes and Niall about an hour"

Once his fever gets down to 38.5 I go into his room and grab some loose clothes and I take them into the bathroom. I put them on the side and say to him. I'll be in your bedroom Li" he nods and I go into his bedroom. He comes in after about 10 minutes and he says "I threw up again on the floor. It came without any warning. I didn't know until it was too late" I rub his back and say "It doesn't matter buddy let's get you downstairs. The others will be here soon. I'll come up and clean up in a minute" Liam nods and we go downstairs. I sit Liam on the sofa just as the doorbell goes off. I say "I'm just going to see who that is" Liam nods and I go to the front door.

I look through the peep hole and see Louis. I open the door and Louis says "How is he?" I respond "Not great. I don't think I have ever seen him this sick. When he called me earlier he didn't make any sense at all. He couldn't remember what the word for a fever was or a thermometer. His fever was 39.8 or something it is now 38.5" Louis nods and we go into the living room. Louis goes and sits next to Liam who is half asleep. I say "I'm going to clean up Liam's bathroom"

Louis pov

Harry has just gone upstairs. I gently rub Liam's back. He looks up at me and says "Lou. Cuddle?" I nod and say "Of course buddy" I let Liam cuddle into me. He curls up as small as he could go with a pained expression which reminds me of a kicked puppy. I say "Do you want me to rub your tummy? It might make you feel better" Liam nods and I gently begin to rub his stomach.

After about 10 the doorbell goes "Li can I go and get the door" he shakes his head. I sigh and say "Li, Harry is upstairs. I need to go and answer the door." He shakes his head again and I say "Fine you are coming with me" I gently pick him up. He moves so he is clinging onto me like a kola. I carry him to the door and I look through the peep hole. I see Niall. I carefully open the door and says "Hey Nialler" Niall smiles and says "Hey Lou. He is still as clingy as he has always been" I nod and say "Has he fallen asleep?" I turn around so Niall can see Liam "Yeah he has" I nod and say "Come in" Niall comes in and he shuts the door behind him.

We go into the living room and I lay Liam down on the sofa so he can sleep. "Where's Haz?" I respond quietly "He is upstairs cleaning up. He must have thrown up when he was in the bath" Niall nods and says "Do you know if he is ok?" I respond "What Harry said when I got here was that Liam's fever was 39.8 and he made no sense over the phone but now his fever is 38.5" Niall nods and says "I was so worried when Harry called to say Liam was sick" I nod and say "I was the same. Liam is barely ever sick and when he is he gets really sick" Niall nods.

About 5 minutes later Harry comes downstairs and he says "Hey Niall" Niall says "Hey Harry" Harry says "His bathroom is now clean" Niall and I nod and I say "He's fallen asleep." Harry nods and Niall turns on his tv and we play a movie on a quiet volume so we don't wake Liam up.

About 10 minutes into the movie Liam starts to whimper in his sleep. I go over to him and gently shake his shoulder "Li wake up bud. It is just a dream." Liam shoots up and starts crying. I gently hug him and he cries into my shoulder. "Shh buddy you are ok. It's just a dream" Liam slowly calms down and pulls his face out of my shoulder and rests his head on my shoulder. "Go back to sleep bud" he nods and closes his eyes. He falls asleep straight away.

No ones pov

Liam felt better after a few days and the boys stayed to catch up.