Dating my cousin's EX -Seventeen Vernon

You're P.O.V
I was sitting on the edge of the pool with my boyfriend Hansol , it's my 18 birthday and I'm trying to enjoy myself. But my cousin Sofia keeps on giving me the death eye, why? Well I didn't know I really didn't, but apparently Hansol my boyfriend use to date Sofia. Yeah he didn't know we were related until today , he even explained things to me. I don't really get to see Sofia that much do to her and my aunt and uncle and her siblings live far away and we don't talk as much as we use too.

Hansol dated her, but broke up with her do to she kept on accusing him of cheating even showing me the text messages he still had . Including voice mails, he broke up with her because he couldn't handle her anymore after 4 months of dating and then he moved to my area and became friends and now we been dating for almost 7 months now. It wasn't just her my aunt and uncle have been giving Hansol the eye as well not my other cousins they even explain how clingy Sofia was. "She keeps on looking at us," I tell him "baby just ignore her and try to enjoy yourself it's your day today," he tells me holding my hand.

Me and Hansol get up and walk around and talk to some friends. "What's up with your cousin?," my friend Rena (Pristin) "Hansol and her use to date at one point I didn't know and he didn't know we were related. But yeah," I tell her "Geez dude are you guys uncomfortable?," Joshua asked us "yes but I'm not going to let Sofia or her parents ruin my baby's birthday. They can hate me all they want  I don't care," Hansol told him . We talked with more friends and hanged out we danced around and ate some food. "Ok everyone it is time for the birthday girl to open her gifts," said Mom and I sat down in a chair and my brother handed me my first gift.

"This is from Rena," I said and opened it , it was a collage of pictures of me and my friends , I smiled "read the middle," she tells me "to the sweetest, kindest human being I know I and along with everyone else are so lucky to have someone as sweet as you as our friend. Love you." "Thank you," I tell her , she smiles. My brother hand me the next gift. "This from Hansol," I said . I opened it up the bag and inside was a cute little doll holding a heart saying love. And next was a little box I opened it up and it was a blue-ish purple crystal necklace. I looked at him "it wasn't expensive ok I know you will yell at me if it was ," he said putting his hands up in defense. "Good I don't remember telling you I love crystals," I tell him "you brother told me and I have seen you collect," he tells me. "Thank you," I tell him "there's a note in the bag read it," he tells me . I grab the note from the bag. "It says here : _____ I'm glad I met you when I first moved here, we became friends and now boyfriend and girlfriend. You have made me so happy the times I have spent with you, you a kind and beautiful girl . I'm happy and glad to call you my best friend, my shoulder to lean on , and most importantly my girl . Love you happy birthday." I read , he take the crystal and puts it around my neck and kisses my cheek.

I opened the rest of my gifts and had cake and ice cream . I went inside to use the restroom and when I stepped out, Sofia is standing right in front of me angry. "Hey Sof what's up?," I ask her "what's up ? What's up, I'll tell you what's up is you stole Hansol from me," she tells me "I didn't. I didn't even know you guys dated at the time . He didn't know you were my cousin ," I tell her . "I don't care you stole him," she accused me "no I didn't," I tell her "yes you did," she said "I'm not going to argue with you over a boy I'm done with this talk," I tell her and walk past her.

I got back outside and then I was pushing down to the ground really hard . I look up and it was Sofia she was mad. "I'm not done talking to you," she tells me and gets on top of me and starts hitting me I covered my face. "Sofia get off your cousin," said my uncle pulled her off of me . Hansol came over to me holding me , I was in tears . "I HATE YOU, YOU STOLE HIM FROM ME!!!," she yelled.  I kept on crying . And Hansol looks at her. "She did not steal me from you, I broke up with you because I was sick of you accusing me and texting me every second not only that you have threatened me on multiple accounts.," he told her.

"Where is your proof that my daughter did this ?," ask my aunt. Hansol got out his phone and pulled up the audio of the voice mail. "Listen here you asshole, your making the biggest mistake breaking up with me . When I find you I'm going to fucking kill you." Said the audio it was definitely Sofia's voice. "I have more too if you have a problem with me that's fine , but don't take it out on my girlfriend. She is your blood , I didn't know you guys were cousins ok and she didn't know we dated. Hate me all you want but don't take it out on her specially on her birthday," he tells her. "Sam I think it's best you go," my father tells my uncle "your right I'm sorry _____ and Hansol we apologized to you as well. We will have a talk with Sofia," said my uncle and they left.

Later on
Me and Hansol sat in the tree house looking at the stars . "I'm sorry baby it's my fault," he said I looked at him "no it's not," I tell him. He looks at me, "yes it is Sofia wouldn't have done this to you if I wasn't here," he tells me "babe I'm ok me and Sofia doesn't talk much anyway and if she is mad at me for dating you fine. You can't help who you fall in love with , do I love my cousin yes I do . I would do anything for her, but how she acted today was uncalled for I don't know if she will ever apologize but this does not change the fact I still care about her." I tell him .

He just smiles at me I smile back. He leans in and kisses my lips, I kiss back. He lets go and leans his forehead on mine and we just smile at each other .