-Aravena by sabrinaettey [Rev. Anika]

Book Name: Aravena

Book Name: Aravena

Author: SabrinaEttey

Reviewer: Anika FrozenHeartsGalaxy 

Cover: 04/05

The cover is pretty attractive which certainly catches the reader's eyes. The choice of image and theme gives off royal, fantasy and mysterious vibes which successfully tells the readers about the story genre. I like the font style too,  surprisingly the cover matches the plot as it resembles the important moment in the story aka when the main characters finally met. I thought you randomly chose it, just like how I always encountered it in other books but you proved me wrong.

Title: 2/05

The title is based on the main character's name. The name is unique but I believe there should be a deep meaning behind the name to enhance the story more.

Synopsis: 9/10

The description is long and reveals about the character's personality, interesting chemistry between them and the plot too. It seems quite entertaining enough to grab the reader's attention. The writing style is good and no vocabulary mistakes are detected for the first impression.

Execution: 9/10

The story was executed pretty well. From the very first chapter, you showed things through the characters which thrill, amaze and curious the readers urging them to read further and this technique of attraction goes on and on.

Plot: 19/20

The plot is dark fantasy but I love the way you added new creative things such as blue blood or shadow wolves instead of using cliche aspects or stereotypes of the fantasy stories and characters. The pace of the story and the events or incidents concerning the plot were great too. Even the exposition made me get interested in the character's life and kept me engaged, especially Aravena's dark past because I was curious and thrilled to know what exactly happened.

Writing Style: 19/20

I love how the descriptions are very detailed and well-narrated. You literally describe things without tiring the reader with long descriptions to create the picture or imagination in their minds. The construction of every action tag, dialogue or paragraphs of their thoughts weren't messy at all. I must say your writing style is very admirable, it's so smooth and fun to read.

Grammar & Vocabulary: 19/20

There is no grammatical or vocabulary mistake which shows Author's neat work and efforts in this book.

Characters & Development: 9/10

I really loved the concept of velhems, this is something new and unusual. I love how you fooled the readers earlier making them believe Aravena is a cruel queen but the way you reveal backstory slowly as the story goes on were all perfect timing and intrigued the readers more. The way you described her switch from cold attitude to mental breakdown due to the dark past looked reasonable and logical because sometimes the author fails to do this properly making the character's emotion look rushed or unrealistic. Even though the story mostly focuses on Aravena and Nathaniel, you still manage to show how other characters hold their own value in the story, their very presence and their connection to the plot made the story very interesting too.

Total: 90/100