-Pinwheel by Yoon_Gyu [Rev. Anika]

Book Title: Pinwheel °Lee Seokmin°

Author: Yoon_Gyu

Reviewer: Anika

• TOTAL MARKS- ①⓪⓪

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
2.5/5

There aren't many readers, just one and throughout the story her feedback is positive.

|- 10 ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ.
6/10

The cover is simple and plain but it is quite eye-catching, the background of Seokmin perfectly blends with the colour of the border frame. I believe the image of Seokmin should be different because it doesn't match the mood of the plot. The choice of fonts are good because it makes the text look professional.

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ.
-2/5

The description is short and reveals a bit about the story genre and protagonist's emotions which shows chemistry between them. The writing style is so good and interesting but the blurb isn't very attention-grabbing.

|- 10 ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ.
6/10

The title is rare and relevant to the plot line. The characters don't have any history with the pinwheel but in the story the protagonist relates himself to the pinwheel loneliness in some way.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʟᴏᴛ.
7/10

It is a rare angsty short story of two lovers who were the backbone of each other. They supported each other in every hardship they faced while following their goals and dreams. They part their ways due to an ill fated accident leaving Seokmin alone and heartbroken. The plot is very emotional and heartbreaking, the exposition of the story is really great due to which the readers won't stop right there. "Tears I shed today will bloom a flower" This sentence gives a little hope and is a good social message in the story.

•|- ②⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ.
-15/20

There are rarely any grammatical or vocabulary error like,

Chapter P,
The dark clouds (hiding) the bright sky beneath it.
Correction: hid

I couldn't find any more mistakes. Moving on, I think the usage of punctuation is very less. Maybe because every sentence are separated but in some cases like,

Chapter E,
Tears rolling down my face, empty mind heart been broken into million pieces

You have to add a comma after "empty mind". I also found typo/spelling mistake here: "With cheeky (smil,) she tried to be flirty"

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs Fᴏʀ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
6/10

After reading the description and the first chapter I thought the main lead will get betrayed because of cheating or she will just have a change of heart and break up with him but reading their past and their strong bonding was foreshadowing something worse happened which was death of chaewol. It was unexpectedly sad and heartbreaking

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ.
9/10

The emotions are well-delivered through your writing skills and they are felt deeply by the readers. You are really great at describing their inner-thoughts, mood and their reaction to the surroundings which helped the readers to feel the characters' pain.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ.
5/10

Your writing is smooth, minimum detailed, easy to feel and understand but there were some holes when it comes to making up reader's imagination such as,

Chapter P,
The dark clouds hiding the bright sky beneath it. And had decided to soak every being on this planet

It's impossible that it's raining at once on the whole planet. Raining in the whole country has low chances as well. I suggest to replace "planet" with "city"
Also when he entered the cafe, wasn't he soaking wet? You didn't mention that too.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ.
8/10

It is very short but a good story. It's unfortunate I didn't get a chance to read the last chapter. Overall, I didn't feel bored and got completely engulfed in the story. You are a great author,I hope you continue writing the books.

Total Marks: 66.5/100

5/100