-Inception of Doom by @kattyfish03 [Rev. Lals]

Book Name: Inception of Doom

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Book Name: Inception of Doom

Author: Kattyfish03

Reviewer: Lals

Cover: 2.5/05

The cover was . . . not bad? The fonts could’ve been improvised more. The author’s name should’ve been smaller in size and that sticker looks out of place. Maybe place it to the left-top-corner? The font chosen for the subtitle was a poor choice. It should’ve had a wider font. There’s a very thin strip of white to the left of the border too. The author’s name should’ve been centralized too.

Title: 4.5/05

Don’t have much to say on the title. It suited the book and its plot. 

Synopsis: 08/10

The synopsis was good. There were some errors in the grammar and punctuations. Also, the first paragraph of the blurb could’ve been simplified, ‘cause I feel that there were a lot of unnecessary details in there. Other than that, I think the synopsis was good.

Execution: 09/10

The execution in terms of plot, writing, characters, etc. was good. I did not find any major errors in the book except for the perspectives. You can mention it when the POV changes, you know? It avoids the confusion.

Plot: 19/20

The plot was beautiful. Even though there are a fair number of book with similar plots, you pulled it off well. Not plot holes, the pace was even and all events went well with each other.

Writing Style: 19/20

The writing style is amazing, let me tell you. Even though at some points, you give out unnecessary details (which you should avoid), it was good enough. The way you write captures the attention of the reader. I basically had to read the book twice ‘cause I forgot I was reviewing the book and not just reading it, the first time. So yes, good job!

Grammar & Vocabulary: 18.5/20

There weren’t many errors in the grammar and punctuations. At some places you failed to use commas where they were needed. In dialogues, you are to use a comma instead of a full stop, if the sentence isn’t completed yet (that is, if it’s further continued in the form of narration). This especially applies to action tags. You got it right at some points. 

Other than these, I found no major errors in the grammar.

The same goes for the words used in the books. They were not too simple, but not too complicated either. Just the right balance.

Characters & Development: 09/10

The characters were amazing. The way you’ve given each character a separate spotlight is appreciable. The development is questionable given the genre of the book and the number of chapters, but you did well.

Total: 89.5/100

Final Note: First off, please do not get discouraged or demotivated sue to anything I mentioned above. Keep an open mind and work toward improving the flaws— which are not many. You’re doing good now, just a couple of mistakes here and there. Don’t hesitate to hit me up if you have any doubts or queries regarding this review. I hope I helped you.

 I hope I helped you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.