-Devious Neighbor by Anushkieeee [Rev. Mini]

Book name: Devious Neighbor

Author: Anushkieeee

Reviewer: Mini

• TOTAL MARKS- ①⓪⓪

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ:
5/5
I got the feeling that every reader of yours, quite supportively and enthusiastically interacted with you and were engaging a lot in the story and I, personally found it dearly wholesome and it was giving out the vibe that everybody enjoyed reading your work and I get why the book is very popular.

|- ①⓪ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ.
7/10
The cover was quite simple yet charismatic ALTHOUGH there are a few things you could do to make it stand out (in a good way) and make it more so that people easily get drawn to the book. Personally, I think adding a bit of color accents to the cover would make it even more captivating since there's nothing but black and white, not that there's anything wrong, it's just people wouldn't know what's going on. To put it in an easy way, if the cover was stripped of the title, nobody would know what exactly you're trying to put forth. A few examples of what you could do is, change the images, maybe try for an aesthetic in the same color palette/scheme. You can also add in a totally different yet analogous color accent element. A few lines here and there, an overlay, anything will work. One really big giveaway would be using fanart. That could give you a huge bonus. But if you don't want to change your cover you could always just rearrange the template. Make sure to have the text clear and visible and the pictures good quality, and fit to the theme of the story. Otherwise, the cover in itself is great, it's not too empty, not too heavy, and the simplicity gives it away, I'd say.

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ
3.5/5
Okay, see here's the thing, the description was REALLY good, it got me thinking as to what you had in store. It doesn't give away too much in the story, or the plot, it has this ominous aura because of the little cliffhanger. Overall it is AMAZING, but a few things I wanna point out real quick, you could change the sentence formation, a few words you used, stuff like that. Few things I'd like to suggest;
Moving to another residence with your husband is quite pleasing if you have civil and affectionate neighbors, who are a beautiful and sweet couple. But are they really what they seem to be?

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ.
9/10
At first, I thought the title was picture perfect, nothing that can be said or done will change that. That's what I thought, but after I read the entire thing, I think a variation of the word could be used. For example, 'Cunning Little Neighbor' or 'My Insidious Neighbor' for me, I love the look of 'Sneaky Little Neighbor' on this book. There's just something about the word combined with the other two, displayed on the cover and the name of the story that gets me this oomph.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʟᴏᴛ.
10/10
The plot, when I say I did NOT expect that. The plot is just PERFECT, literal perfection. No changes, no take backs, no hesitation, one of the best plots, literally. Anyone like me would never expect something like this out of the book.Even the smartest of people can't guess something like that. I love the thought you put into this and it was just perfect, I'd say.

|- ②⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ.
17.5/20
For most of the part, the grammar was really good, but there were a few places where your spellings went wrong, coming to vocabulary, overall, I liked your choice of words but there a few things that could be changed. But honestly, the words you used and the punctuation and grammar, it's quite difficult to find a book with very few errors even after editing! A few things I'd like to point out;
"Tae, is it really important?", a whine resonates in the house.
"Weren't you whining about moving away just a few moments ago?"
The man purses his lips but smiles, "Right, I'm Jeon Jungkook and this is my wife, Jeon Hana"
I can't find it, but there were a few mix ups of 'you're' and 'your' somewhere I believe.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs Fᴏʀ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
10/10
That plot twist you wrote at the end was literally an elevation, I did not expect such a twist in the story. It was really intriguing and very enticing, like WOW. I was very impressed with how you put forth the plot twist. I'm really, really impressed.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ.
9/10

Emotions; there was a lot going on, but not a lot going on at the same time. There was love, lust, anger, feeling of betrayal, but most importantly there was happiness. And overall the characters and how they evolved in the story was really fascinating to see.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ
8/10
I really like your choice of words and how you put each sentence. Everything about the writing was great apart from the few grammatical errors.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ.
9/10
Overall, this book was really, really good. Like honestly it was such a great story. The plot, the characters, the personalities, the atmosphere, everything was just pure and full of emotions all over the place but it's the best thing. It only needs a little more nourishment and richness in it, bring out the little things in it and you have a masterpiece.

YOUR REVIEW:
Devious Neighbor was a rollercoaster, it had fiction, it had the typical marriage gone wrong vibe to it but with a twist, it had romance, comedy, thriller, cliffhangers and everything to make a good story. Just focus a little bit on the mix up of words and a few word choices and you're all done.The title, description, characters, everything is great and really alluring to readers which is a huge bonus for writers. A little advice id like to give, when you're writing something, make it in bita and pieces, now to put it in simple words, if you make a 12 hour long movie, nobody's going to watch it, but that same thing, if broken down into 12 little episodes, they're just an hour long, everybody will watch it! The same goes to writing a book, we write them in chapters! So, next time, keep that little quote in mind. And also few to her tips, keep writing constantly and inspiration and ideas will come running to you, if you get any idea in your head, note it down as soon as possible, once you have a handful of them, even if they're completely different ideas, think how you can make a fusion of them or atleast a mix from a few in the pile, who know the next wattys winner is in your notes! As for now, as a wattpad writer I think you're a great writer as it is! Keep going, keep the little things I said in mind, they're not my words which is why they might be of help to you, well a few are my words but who knows they might help you.

TOTAL: 88/100

–Mini<3