-Astray by taekoo_kii [Rev. Nola]

Title :: Astray

Title :: Astray

Author :: taekoo_kii

Reviewer :: Nola @/SURREALGGUK

READER INTERACTION :: 5/5
Good going, I can clearly see readers commenting on your book, so there's some level of enjoyment from them.

COVER :: 4/10
To be honest, it's not eye-catching at all. Though the effort in masking is worth recognising, it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to me overall, especially because of the font. I personally think the font should be changed, and should be in another colour.

Next, this is a Taekook fanfiction. Hence, your cover should have BOTH Taehyung and Jungkook in it, which is something I'm not quite seeing here. I've looked at the background faceclaim for minutes on end and I'm a hundred percent sure that it's Taehyung, which is why I'm bringing this problem up. If the faceclaim in the background is actually Jungkook, please ignore this whole paragraph. I'm fairly certain it's Taehyung, however.

I understand not everyone can make good covers (me included), but fret not, for our community has a graphic shop with a team of friendly and talented designers who will be more than willing to help you!

DESCRIPTION :: 3/5
I roughly understand the flow of your story, but the grammar mistakes are too prominent to ignore. Besides, the excerpt you provided in your descriptions seems more like a transcript of a film rather than a work of fiction, especially because of the "Tut tut... Calling TaeTae". I believe this excerpt can be tweaked a little to make it fit more into the fiction requirement.

TITLE :: 2/10
I somewhat understand the relation of the title to your story. However, you seem to have a misconception of the word "astray". You see, "astray" means going into error or morally questionable behaviour. In your book's case, Taehyung just went missing, and Jungkook is trying to find him. Hence, this is not the apt situation to use the word "astray" here.

PLOT :: 6/10
I'd like to comment on the realism of some events, i.e. how Taehyung went missing. I was feeling neutral about the whole 'going missing' concept, but the fact that he got missing in NORTH KOREA had me raising my eyebrows. Did you know that South Korean citizens are routinely denied entry into North Korea? So how did Taehyung and the other trainees get into North Korea? The only way I can think of is by human trafficking, but I don't think that's possible without their phones getting confiscated. I suggest that you change this aspect of the plot because it just doesn't make sense.

I'd also like to point out that there are nearly zero pictures of North Korea's interior. At most, you can only find pictures of their leader and the military, and 'touristy' pictures that the government wants people to take. Hence, how is Jungkook going to know where exactly Taehyung is? For all we know, North Korea could be swarming with forests. If the area Taehyung is in is "a mountainous area", which one is it? Furthermore, independent travel in North Korea is not permitted, and you cannot leave your hotel without a guide, whose company is managed by the government. This means that your every move is going to be monitored by the government, so how is Jungkook going to pull this off?