-Masked swan by blaze-bangtan [Rev. Suzy]

Book Name: Masked Swan || Jikook

Author: blaze-bangtan

Reviewer: Suzy

Cover: 3.5/05

The cover looks pretty good but Jungkook being one of the main leads, I'd suggest you to add his face claim as well. Also, the previous cover was better than the current one. 

Title: 04/05

intriguing and interesting, the name doesn't fail to give off the mystery vibes. Can you tell me why you chose swan out of all the animals? I wonder if it was mentioned somewhere or I failed to catch it.

Synopsis: 7/10

Pretty good, you aren't giving out all the details and the subtle hints provided are well balanced with the description.

Execution: 05/10

The plot is a good one but I was looking for greater plot twists, though you've done a great job in executing your plots along with the hints you provided, I'd be comparatively more surprised if Taehyung's other side was kept hidden for at least a few more chapters. The plot was predictable from the beginning, Taehyung being the hidden killer and the bodies symbolising the word Byeol. However, you could've rearranged your pieces of plot, for instance, Jimin and Taehyung finding out about Jungkook's tattoo could be mentioned after the bodies symbol was figured out. The plot does seem a little rushed, so much is given out from the beginning so you can cut short the details about them. 

Plot: 09/20

An amazing read for mystery and thriller genre lovers, the constellations and the 'Byeol' letter was a good idea to create suspense.

The doctor says the dead boy's age based on his shoe size? That's a little off coming from a doctor, a doctor performs autopsy, does DNA screening and stuffs to estimate a dead body's age so that part felt off. It'd be more logical if Jimin observes his shoe and figures it out himself, because that's something a detective is more likely to do. 

Writing Style: 15/20

Your writing style is absolutely stunning. I loved your metaphorical style garnished  with the impressive vocabulary. You can work a little more on writing the suspense scenes, they can be written better with few ellipsis and descriptions.

Grammar & Vocabulary: 12/20

Typos: there are few to many typos in some chapters, I'd suggest you proofread them once.

(Ch. 1)

Ex: 'dinosysus' : Dionysus 

Ex: a white mask adorned his killer's face 

ex: towards me the knife: towards me with the knife

Ex: his eyes started back

The extra space used at places

Ex: widening his  hooded eyes

-The adjectives used in some of the descriptions or similes.

Ex- intoxicating smell of blood : intoxicating? I'm afraid intoxicating can be a good adjective for the smell of blood, especially when the mentioned characters aren't absolutely pleased with the smell.

Ex- killed the mug : destroyed or dropped would be a better adjective even if it was meant to add humor to the sentence.

Characters & Development: 7/10

Though Taehyung was sus since the beginning, you didn't fail to portray V and Taehyung's character well. None of the characters follow a 'specific' cliché persona, Jungkook is smart and strong despite being quiet and shy. V and Taehyung behave perfectly in their own situations and scenarios. 

Total: 62.5/100

Final Note: The cover needs Jungkook. The blurb can describe something more than just Jikook. Your grammar needs to be fixed a little more but your writing style is Impressive compared to many other fanfiction writers. Keep up the good work!

 Keep up the good work!