-Say You love me by minsuga4evr [Rev. Nola]

Title: Say You Love Me

Author: minsuga4evr

Reviewer: Nola

Reader Interaction: 2/5
I see the same few people commenting on your book, so the rest are ghost readers? There’s not much interaction by the readers other than the same two people.

Cover: 9/10
I like your cover! It’s simple but it tells the reader everything they need to know. The title font is readable and the size is big enough for the readers to see, and your username is visible on the cover as well. My first impression of the cover without looking at the description is that this is going to be a Beomgyu fanfiction, and I’ll be enticed to find out what kind of story would be behind this cover. Good job for that!

Description: 4/5
The description clearly sets up the two main characters, Bang Hei Ran and Choi Beomgyu, and clearly depicts what kind of story it’s going to be without giving away too much. As a reader, I would certainly want to read more of the story, so that’s a job well done!

Title: 6/10
I don’t quite understand how your title relates to your story, but maybe it’s because I didn’t catch it. However, your title is sort of cliche and probably wouldn’t be able to draw readers in as I believe there are many stories with similar titles.

Plot: 5/10
I like the idea of having to fake date your enemy, but you’re not showing that. At all. Beomgyu and Heiran are supposed to be enemies, right? In Heiran’s monologue, she mentions that Beomgyu made fun of her. Why is none of that shown in the book? In fact, it doesn’t even seem like they are enemies at all, as Heiran seems to be the only person who hates the other party’s guts.

Grammar/Vocabulary: 14/20
I’m incredibly impressed by your grammar. Your book has almost no grammar mistakes, which is an impressive feat as I’m usually very strict with grammar and don’t hold back when it comes to pointing out mistakes in grammar. However, I’d like to comment on your use of [okay]. This word is informal, and should not be used when narrating. Instead, [okay] is generally used in informal speech. To add on, when Bang Sihyuk is interacting with his assistant, I noticed that he addresses his assistant with honorifics, which does not make sense because in terms of authority, Bang Sihyuk does not need to use honorifics when addressing his assistant as his assistant is working under him.

Attraction: 2/10
You started off weakly as you didn’t show any ‘enemy’-like interaction between Beomgyu and Heiran, so I expected a twist. However, the only twist I got (after reading about 10 chapters) was that Heiran’s boyfriend was a cheater. This doesn’t keep me interested in the story as readers are drawn in to read it with the expectation that this would be an ‘enemies to lovers’ fanfiction, and end up disappointed instead. You have to draw readers in and keep them interested within 10 chapters of the book or they’ll just stop reading because the storyline isn’t going anywhere. And in my opinion there’s really nothing much to write if you just start the story with Beomgyu already liking Heiran and making it so obvious.

Characters: 6/10
Your characters aren’t realistic. For Beomgyu and Heiran’s case, weren’t they supposed to be enemies? Why is Beomgyu acting so sweet? I understand if they act like a sweet couple in public to keep up with their image, but in private too? That’s something I cannot understand. If enemies are required to fake date each other, I would expect arguments and disagreements from BOTH SIDES, but this story only showcases Heiran’s side. This doesn’t mean their enemies, it shows me that it’s more of a one-sided love, which contradicts your story and its concept. Heiran willingly kisses Beomgyu after being absolutely furious with him a few chapters ago is baffling to me. Even though she found out her boyfriend cheated on her, the amount of time she takes to move on is too little, don’t you think?

Writing Style: 9/10
I love your writing style! It’s clear and concise, and I can easily understand what you are trying to express to the audience. I like that you showed signs of trying to change basic words into more complex ones in order to draw readers in and show your vocabulary. Overall, good job on this!

Opinion: 5/10
I believe that this story has a lot of potential. However, you’re not using its potential to craft your story. Like I said, your characters have to have unique personalities, because right now they seem unrealistic. Furthermore, the whole enemies to lovers storyline isn’t shown at all, and this book could be passed off as a one-sided love story to a two-sided love story instead.

Overall:
I think you’ve done a good job in terms of your writing style, your grammar and your vocabulary. I’m very impressed by the language skills and accuracy you have shown me in your writing. However, your plot and storyline have lots of room for improvement. I wish you good luck in your writing journey, and I hope this book will be a resounding success!

Total: 58/100