-My mate by Jin_forehead78 [Rev. Aland]

Book name: My Mate?!

Author: Jin_forehead78

Reviewer: @ALAND777

Title: 9/10

I think the title is apt. The question and exclamation marks perfectly describe the confusion that the main lead goes through. But I also feel that there is some scope to come up with a more unique name as this one is quite commonly used.

Cover: 9/10

The picture you choose for the background is a good one but I am not happy with the fonts you used for the title. The font for the word 'My' looks soft and nice but the font that you used for the word 'Mate' looks gothic. Those two don't match well. Either keep it all gothic or the curvy one but not the two together as it kills the aesthetic.

Description: 3/5

I liked the content you decided to give in the description; A little about Y/n and wolves. But there are many errors in the description. You have also used many pronouns which makes it a little difficult to understand, honestly speaking. You need to work a little on your description. And do not leave so much space between the lines as it makes it difficult to read.

Reader's interaction: 5/5

Reader's interactions are impressive. Almost every paragraph has someone commenting on it and they are different people every time.I had fun reading all the comments. I don't think you have to worry about the reader's responses and they all seemed to enjoy the story.

Plot: 6/10

You came up with a great plot. I especially liked the love triangle between Y/n, Jin and Taehyung. Although the plot in which the female lead has two mates even though she is a human, is a common one. I feel that you could have tried something different. I also think that your plot is moving way too quickly. Try reducing the pace as it gets difficult for the readers to grasp on.

Grammar and Vocabulary: 10/20

I feel that you should focus more on your language skills. There are too many grammatical errors. At one moment the plot is in present tense and the next in different tense. I was really disappointed after coming across so many mistakes. Please do not underestimate the importance of language and work on it.

Plot twists and attraction: 4/10

A fantasy or paranormal book is expected to have good plot twists and cliff hangers to make the book more interesting. But I am not impressed with the twists the book holds. The twists are too common. I was able to guess what would happen next. Everything was too straightforward and also cliched at times.

Emotions and character development: 6/10

The fast pace of the plot makes it difficult to understand the characters. The reason behind the characters' action was unclear most of the time. The characters were good but I couldn't see much of their character development. I feel that the character development is really slow compared to the pace of the plot.

Creativity and way of writing: 6/10

You are creative, no doubt, but I am not so sure about your way of writing. You are simply writing it like a conversation between the characters. You aren't giving much description of the scenes. You aren't focusing on the characters at all or their reactions. Like in the beginning of the story, when y/n tells her friends that there is a wolf in her room. The characters have neutral reactions like 'Okay it's a wolf', which doesn't make any sense. Also when Jin announces that his mate is human, others behave like it's normal for a wolf to have a human mate which actually is not! I really found it absurd.

Your opinion on the book: 6/10

The book is good and could have been much better. The author has a great potential but isn't using it to a greater extent. Even though it has little twists it is still enjoyable.

Any tips for the author: I would seriously recommend the author to work on their language/ grammar. I will also suggest them to be more descriptive regarding the scenes and emotions of the characters.

TOTAL: 64/100