-Toxic love by yoiamnicepaprika_7 [Rev. Suzy]

Book Name: Toxic Love

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Book Name: Toxic Love

Author: YoIamnicepaprika_7

Reviewer: Suzy

Cover: 02/05

The cover is edited well, the color scheme and font choice is good as well but the pictures used don't match the vibes/plot of the book. Taehyung being a CEO isn't portrayed well in the cover. He has a mic piece on, hence giving the typical idol vibes, the same goes for Jungkook. Except for Jimin, the whole plot is pictured in an office if we exclude the flashbacks, so, it would be a lot better if Taehyung and Jungkook have a comparatively formal attire while Jimin stays in the middle with the fancy idol look. Rest is good.

Title: 03/05

Toxic love, something I assumed to be concerned with the six main leads but as of now, the toxicity is intense in Taehyung's part of the story. However, all the main male leads do have a toxic past love story so I do find the title accurate. Contrary to your vocabulary throughout the book, the title is plain and simple so I'd actually love to see a more sophisticated one.

Synopsis: 08/10

Eye catchy, short and simple. It would've been better if you used more poetic words in the description. Also, I'd suggest a change in a particular sentence, 

'love is plausible or toxic is another matter entirely.' though grammatically okay, would sound better if it's 'love is plausible or toxic is entirely another matter.' 

Execution: 09/10

Well done. The sequence of events and flashbacks was well arranged and beautifully worded out. On an honest note, I found difficulty in recognising which paragraph belonged to whom so it'd be a little more convenient for the readers if you would just add a (Jimin) / (Jungkook) or ( Taehyung) along with the place and date, just the way you did in the eighth chapter.

Plot: 15/20

Average. The idea of writing three different stories in the same book was a good idea. I, personally, never read any book of this sort and it's refreshing to read books with something new and enticing in it. I would give you a perfect score for the writing and grammar section, but unfortunately the plot as in the storyline isn't something absolutely new or unexpected. I'm pretty sure that you're curious as to why the book isn't getting enough recognition. For that, my answer would be the plot. For example, any common wattpad fanfiction reader wouldn't find the story interesting if I was to narrate out the plot. However, they would possibly get interested in the book after acknowledging your writing skills. 

Writing Style: 17/20

The words, the descriptive writing, the metaphors, the irony and almost all of the writing elements were used with precision and profession. I love your writing style, no wonder anyone would fall in love with it. However, the reason I didn't give this particular section a perfect score is because you can add a tinge of humour to your writing. Don't keep everything sophisticated and formal, go a little easy on the readers wherever necessary. 

Grammar & Vocabulary: 18.5/20

In chapter 7 there's a typo: natheless (seen two times in different paragraphs)

The vocabulary is to die for, the sentence formation and dialogue writing is very well done. Cutting marks because of the two typos which I believe them to be. In all honesty there were few words which I have never heard or read before. 

Characters & Development: 8.5/10

Pretty cool I guess, the characters are trying to change when situations get worse. Also, I would appreciate it if Jungkook's part of the story gets more details and spotlight. The book didn't end yet so I won't jump to any conclusions, some authors are already hating me because of my predictions. lol- 

Total: 81/100

Final Note: The cover and a tinge of humour.✨ Do not get offended by my review and if it did offend you, my apologies. 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.