-Mums by naeniabear [Rev. Rihana]

Book: Mums • jjk

Book: Mums • jjk.kth

Author: naeniabear

Reviewer: Rihana

• TOTAL MARKS- ①⓪⓪

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
3/5
Since it’s a very new book with only a few chapters, the amount of comments and interactions you have is just fine.

|- ①⓪ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ.
5/5
The book cover looks really pretty and colourful!

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ
4/5
Even though the description is a little long, the poetic vibe it gives out is beautiful! It gives a short and crisp idea about what the book is about and that’s just perfect. There are a few grammatical errors that might make the reader want to not read on, so here’s the correct version-
Kim Taehyung is a small innocent bean who loves flowers as he comes from a family owning a huge flower field.
But, what if the place he considers home VANISHES?

Jungkook is a son who wants to make his parents proud-he obeys every task he’s given. But what if this time, he just can’t obey his father?

Their story is like a flower-it started as a little seed and then it grew roots. After the leaves grew, a beautiful flower bloomed from it.
But flowers don’t last long, do they? It will eventually rot, the pretty petals that used to smell aromatic turn into rotten ones. Is it possible for a rotten flower to turn into a beautiful one again, just like it used to be?

|- 10 ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ.
1/5
I don’t really find a connection between the book title and the plot. Since the book is new, I might find out later maybe?
Even then, the title is not very attractive and doesn’t catch the reader's attention. Since your story revolves around flowers, something flower-related would be better.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʟᴏᴛ.
4/5
All I know about the plot is from the description. Since there are only 5 chapters so far, I can’t really tell what the actual plot is. So far so good.

|- ②⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ.
10/20
Grammar plays a really important role in writing and I noticed there are some common grammatical mistakes you tend to make while writing. Here they are-
1.‘Spend time with him, Mama. I miss you, but I have many works to do. I hope you understand that, Mama” he mumbled. Papers will be heard from the other side.’
There are two mistakes I’d like to point out in this sentence, one is- ‘many works’ is not grammatically correct. I noticed you’ve used similar plural forms in other parts of the book too. The correct one would be- ‘I have a lot of work to do.’
Two, it tends to confuse the reader if you mix tenses in the same tenses. Here, ‘Spend time with him, Mama….’ is in the present tense but ‘Papers will be heard from the side’ is not in the same tense. Such sentences are usually used while narrating a play. The correct sentence would be, ‘The sound of ruffling papers are heard on the other end.’
This is clearer and grammatically correct.
2.“…and they’re being taken care of the most beautiful flower..ME!..”
The correct sentence is, “…and they’re being taken care of by the most beautiful flower…me!”
See how a ‘by’ makes a huge difference? Do make sure to proofread the chapter once before publishing so that it doesn’t confuse the reader.
3.Also, try to write the correct verb forms of words like ‘Know’, ‘do’ as it’s a very common mistake in your book. Crosscheck online when you’re doubtful about such words.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs Fᴏʀ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
6/10
There are no plot twists yet, but I’m sure they’ll be many as the story goes forward. For now, the storyline is pretty good and attractive.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ.
8/10
You’re pretty good at expressing emotions. I found myself smiling at certain parts hehe, it’s adorable!

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ
6/10
The story is very creative but there is improvement required in your way of writing. I feel like you can do better! After all, this is all about improving and getting better right?

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ.
9/10
I personally liked the book so far. And like I said, it’s really too early to say anything. The storyline is beautiful so far and the characters are lovely too.

TOTAL MARKS: 56/100

YOUR REVIEW: Oh my, the way you describe a flower and its meaning in each chapter is really beautiful. I’m excited to see where this story goes.
  Other than the grammatical mistakes, it’s all good. Do make sure to proofread the chapters once and correct them. 
Keep going, I hope your book gets the love and attention it deserves!