-Cursed wish by Irtiza_yesmeen [Rev. Rihana]

Book: Cursed Wish

Book: Cursed Wish

Author: Irtiza_yesmeen

Reviewer: Rihana

• TOTAL MARKS- ①⓪⓪

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
3/5
There are a good amount of comments but as the book moved forward, I noticed that even though there were a good amount of views, the comments were reducing and only the same few people were commenting.

|- ①⓪ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ.
10/10
The book cover looks mysterious and gives off dark vibes. It makes the reader curious to find out what’s in there.

|- ⑤ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ
1/5
The book description is the pitch to the reader about why they should read your book and it must involve the reader at every level. Your description is very confusing; it makes the reader want to not read further as it isn’t giving an actual idea about what your book is about. Here’s an example of how your description could be-
“It’s not only magical, it’s cursed!”
Destiny is what's meant to be, what's written in the stars, your inescapable fate. There's no avoiding destiny — it's going to happen no matter what you do.
After all the suffering, tortures and hardships they’ve gone through, will Jungkook and Yiana be able to change their destiny?
Read on to find out!                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I feel that something like this gives an acute idea what the book is about and would make the reader more curious to find out more. Your book deserves to be read! It has a beautiful storyline so you’d want the reader to go past the description right?

|- 10 ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛɪᴛʟᴇ.
10/10
I personally found the book title unique and dark. It intrigued me to find out what the book is about!

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴘʟᴏᴛ.
7/10
With two childhood friends who drifted apart, them meeting each other after many years, the rude guy and the good girl, the tragic death of loved ones, a second lead who’s in love with the main character- all of it sounds like a cliché plot from a K-drama. It might be cliché, but cliché is cliché because it’s true right? Moreover, the fantasy part of the story makes it interesting and adds a dark vibe to the story.

|- ②⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴏᴄᴀʙᴜʟᴀʀʏ.
6/20

According to me, grammar plays a vital role in writing. Grammar is very important for communication, clarity and makes the story more readable. I understand that since English isn’t your first language, it must be difficult to write without making any grammatical mistakes. I appreciate your efforts!
Here are some common mistakes you made and tips on how you can avoid these mistakes the next time you write-
•    Usage of ‘there’ and ‘their’
There means the opposite of here; “at that place.”
Their means “belongs to them.”
For example,
“There eyes met.”
The correct sentence would be, “Their eyes met ”as we’re talking about two people here and not a place.
•    Proper punctuation
For example, in the line,” Leave me please I am begging to you”
You could write it as, “Leave me, please! I am begging you” so that there is an emphasis on certain ideas or emotions that are conveyed through the sentence.
•    Usage of pronouns correctly
“He took out her phone and started to search for some guitars.”
In this scene, ‘he’ is alone, so who is ‘her’?
Even though it might be typos, my advice would be to proofread your chapter at least twice to avoid such mistakes as it might confuse the reader.
•    Usage of superlatives
Writing the correct superlative might be hard, so my advice would be to crosscheck the superlative of the word online before writing.
•    Usage of tenses
“She kept her eyes widen but she couldn’t move a single step to stop him”
The correct sentence can be written in two ways:
1.    “She widened her eyes but didn’t move a single step forward to stop him.”
2.    “Her eyes widened, but she couldn’t move a single step to stop him.”

Be careful when you’re shifting senses in a sentence so that you don’t confuse the reader.
For example, “She wasn’t even in the outer world. The bell made her concern.”
Here, ‘she wasn’t even in the outer world’ is in the past tense and ‘the bell made her concern’ is in the present tense.
The correct sentence would be-“She wasn’t even in the outer world. The bell (or ‘this’) made her concerned about the situation.”
Also, know the Verb’s proper form of tenses.
For example, “Every year he just reminisce that day and sob in himself”
The correct sentence is- “Ever year, he spends the day reminiscing about that day and cries to himself.”
The only way to get this right would be to crosscheck online before you write!
Now about the vocabulary, you haven’t used many new words. I advise you to use more unique and better words so that it attracts the reader.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs Fᴏʀ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛᴡɪsᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ.
9/10
Like I said, it was a cliché plot- so there weren’t many plot twists other than the fantasy part. But that didn’t make the story boring cause, the few twists made it very interesting and the cliffhangers that you ended every chapter with urged me to read the next chapter ASAP!

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ.
8/10
You expressed the emotions in a very raw way. I felt like the readers could relate to the emotions felt by the characters. But a better way to express emotions is to show and not tell. Rather than simply telling us that a character is scared, illustrate the way their body tenses up with fear. Rather than simply and directly telling us that the character is in love, describe the way they feel.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ 8/10

The story was very creative indeed! But you have to improve your way of writing. Mostly, avoid writing big paragraphs. Breaking the big paragraphs into small parts would prevent the readers from not getting bored.

|- ①⓪ ᴍᴀʀᴋs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴘɪɴɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ. 8/10

TOTAL MARKS: 70/20

YOUR REVIEW: Your story had a very poetic vibe to it. Personally, I loved the way you ended the story with a sad ending. After all, it’s not always going to be all sunshine and rainbows right? I’ve read very few books with such endings and I find it absolutely beautiful!
I hope you’ll be able to correct the mistakes and improve. You have the potential to be an amazing author!
Good luck!

 You have the potential to be an amazing author!Good luck!