-Psychopath by jin_forehead78 [Rev. Nola]

Title :: Psychopath

Title :: Psychopath

Author :: Jin_forehead78

Reviewer :: Nola (SURREALGGUK)

READER INTERACTION :: 2/5

I only see about 2 or 3 people commenting on your book, and they seem to enjoy it.

COVER :: 4/10

The font choice can definitely be better. Taehyung’s face claim does fit the vibe of a ‘psychopath’, but the film overlay doesn’t. In fact, the film overlay just tells me that this story is going to be set in the past, which I don’t think is the case. Perhaps another overlay would be better, like blood for example. If a subtitle is placed in the cover, that’d be much better too. An example of a subtitle could be ‘What kind of truth is hidden in your heart?’ Our community has a cover shop with graphic designers more than willing to help you, so if you’d like to, you can give them a try!

DESCRIPTION :: 3/5

I did roughly understand what the story was going to be about, but it’s way too vague for me to have any impression. Who are the characters involved? What will they be doing? The story seems to be centered around a psychopath, but what exactly will happen? In addition, the description already has multiple grammar mistakes, which will most likely deter readers.

I really didn’t know where to put this, so I’ll put it here in the description section. I know you were trying to add in BTS’s discography into your story outline in the DISCLAIMER chapter, but half of them don’t even make sense. What is [Blood sweat and tears goes On and No]? It doesn’t make sense at all. 

TITLE :: 6/10

In a sense, it goes with your story. However, people are never going to find your book by simply searching ‘Psychopath’. There are tons of other fanfictions (or fiction, actually) with the same title as yours, and you’re not only competing with fanfiction authors, but fiction authors as well. Your title needs to be unique in order to stand out to readers.

PLOT :: 1/10

I still don’t understand what the plot is and where it’s going after reading everything. There’s no climax or anything, and it just seems like this book is written to satisfy your own fetish for gore, or your hidden desire to do all this to people. What exactly does Taehyung have to do with the story? He is the face claim in your cover, so you have to include him more in the storyline. Right now, I have no idea what the plot is. It just seems like a book glorifying torture, and I definitely wouldn’t want to read it. In addition, I’m pretty sure that no matter how hard they bullied Y/N, no one deserves to be treated like what you described in your book. The fact that you are justifying it in the comments is weird to me, because since Y/N is a ‘psychopath’, I can let it go.

GRAMMAR/VOCAB :: 2/20

Starting off this section, I’d like to remind you to STOP using ellipses inappropriately. Ellipses represent a break in the sentence, and the word coming after that should not be capitalised as the sentence hasn’t ended yet. You typically use ellipses to indicate omission between two sentences, or to add a pause before the end of the sentence. The way you used ellipses fit none of the two criteria, so I suggest you remove them and write in prose instead.