-Mama by prignitia [Rev. Rihana]

Title: Mama

Title: Mama

Author: Prignitia 

Reviewer: Rihana ( @taelovee30 )

Reader interaction: 4/5

Taking your reads into account, the amount of comments were fairly positive. 

Cover: 7/10 

It was indeed aesthetically pleasing. But, the font of the subtext could’ve been something better and the colour too. The current font colour is blending in with background, making it a bit tough to read. 

Description: 3/5 

It was confusing, but intriguing too. Even though the first part is too lengthy, I won’t ask you to change it. 

Title: 7/10 

It is something different for sure, but not attractive enough. It didn’t catch my attention at first but once I read your book, I found it apt for it. 

Plot: 6/10 

I liked the plot, it was definitely different. But I didn’t find the starting part that realistic, Hoseok is an idol and he just lets in some girl inside his house? That too, to take care of his child? I mean, we all have intuitions about certain people but isn’t this a bit too unrealistic? 

Characters: 8/10 

I loved the characters. Areum, Joy’s cousin, the members- everyone. But character development wasn’t very evident in Hoseok’s and Aureum’s case, I get that they were living together and she was taking care of his child but her asking him out seemed a little rushed. It would’ve been better if you would’ve shown some events which led to it. 

Grammar: 15/20 

Here are some mistakes I found: 

“Thank you for helping me...It was also filled furnished.”

It should be ‘fully furnished.” [CHAPTER 3] 

“Areum!” He called. He place his phone in a corner of the room and had it rolling. She came down, wearing a white sweater and blue jeans. Her face was naked without makeup, which didn’t need it anyways. 

The correct version is, “Areum! He called. He placed his phone in a corner of the room and had it rolling. She came down, wearing a white sweater and blue jeans. Her face was naked without makeup, which she didn’t need anyways. 

Other than these I didn’t really find any mistakes. Your vocabulary is pretty standard but there is room for improvement. 

Writing style: 7/10 

I don’t have any complaints in this criterion. Your writing style is nice, everything flowed easily and I could understand everything without a problem.

Attraction: 4/10

Even though there’s humour in your book, there’s a lot of room for improvement. It didn’t really catch my attention. 

Opinion: 7/10

Your book is worth reading and I enjoyed it. Even though I cannot say anything as the book is still ongoing, don’t rush into anything, take it slow. That way, the readers will be hooked till the end. Do edit the cover and maybe try something new with the description. You have a lot of potential, I hope your book gets the attention and love it deserves. 

Total Marks: 68/100