-Imposterism by auralite [Rev. Nola]

Title: Imposterism

Title: Imposterism

Author: Auralite

Reviewer: Nola

Reader Interaction: 5/5
I see a lot of readers commenting on your work, so the 5 well deserved points go to you!

Cover: 9/10
It’s very pleasing to the eye. I also liked how in the story, Taehyung has blue hair, which fits the cover faceclaim. It’s simple but alluring, and would definitely draw readers in.

Synopsis: 5/5
I like your synopsis! I took one read and decided that this book was going to be one that I’ll be enjoying. It drew me in with enough details, and didn’t spoil too much of the story for me as well.

Title: 10/10
Your title is unique. I haven’t seen any other books with the same title as yours, and I like that it fits the story as well. Good job!

Plot: 10/10
I really, truly enjoyed this story. I didn’t expect much when I read the first chapter, but gradually became more and more intrigued as the story progressed, and I found myself wanting to read more and more of the story, almost like I was a reader and not a reviewer reading the book. I found myself wanting to know what facade Yoona was talking about, and how their relationship was going to progress. Overall, I loved the plot!

Grammar/Vocabulary: 10/20
Your grammar is understandable, but there are many mistakes that I just can’t overlook. For instance, the tenses you used were alternating, and I couldn’t tell when this was happening. I see you’re leaning towards telling the story in present tense, but to do so the entire story must be in present tense.

Here’s an example: [But ultimately the weight of my lips becomes unbearable. “Are you alright, miss?” A deep voice called after me.]

There are a few mistakes in those two sentences. Firstly, [becomes] should be [become]. This is because the word before that is in plural form, so the [s] is omitted. Next, the dialogue tag should not be capitalised. Lastly, the word [called] is in past tense, which goes against the flow of your previous writing, which was in present tense. I see that after that the story began to switch to past tense, so you have to fix the tenses in the previous chapters.

Your capitalisation of dialogue tags is wrong as well. For instance, you wrote [The brush stopped. “What’s wrong?” He asked.]. The mistake here is that the word [He] is capitalised when it shouldn’t have been.

The punctuation of dialogue is also wrong. Here’s an example: [“Peachy.” I chirped.] The punctuation mark following the word [Peachy] should be a comma, and not a period. This is an essential rule when punctuating dialogue. If you’re unsure, you can visit https://www.authorlearningcenter.com/writing/fiction/w/character-development/6491/8-essential-rules-for-punctuating-dialogue---article. It provides 8 rules for punctuating dialogue, and includes examples as well.

Finally, I see that you’ve tried to add in more complex and unique phrases, but the usage of some of it is wrong. For instance, take a look at this example: [Anxiety was getting better of me.]. The correct sentence should be [Anxiety was getting the better of me.]. The spelling of [lose] is wrong as well. (You spelled it as [loose]. Those two words have completely different meanings.)

Attraction:10/10
I found myself wanting to read more and more to find out how the relationship between Taehyung and Yoona would develop. They have that raw chemistry that just draws readers in, so I’m really impressed!

Character Development: 10/10
I went from hating Yoona’s character to loving her. Something about her emotions just makes me can’t help but love her. Similarly, Taehyung’s character is really lovable. I loved how the both of them progressed in their relationship, and the emotions I felt reading those scenes were emotions I haven’t felt from a book in a LONG TIME. I’m really really impressed by this.

Writing Style: 10/10
Your writing style is amazing! I love that the paragraphing was appropriate, and how you used a ‘show, not tell’ approach to tell your story, adding vivid descriptions instead of just stating what was happening during a scene. Good job!

Opinion: 10/10
It’s a well written book. I enjoyed reading and imagining the scenes as it was well depicted and attracted me to read more of the story. Although the concept may be cliche, you managed to captivate me regardless. Good job!

Total: 89/100

My Review:

I absolutely loved this book. Every chapter had me craving for more, and I grew more and more attached to the characters the more I read the book. This is something I haven’t felt in a long time, and I feel you have the talent and potential to become a well-known author one day. Your book needs some work in terms of grammar, but other than that I really enjoyed reading Imposterism. Thank you for producing such a masterpiece, and I wish you all the best in your writing journey! I’ll be staying tuned for updates. ☺💜

 ☺💜