-The royal patron by _arushiganla [Rev. Rihana]

Book name: The Royal Patron

Author: _arushiganla

Reviewer:  Rihana 

Title: 8/10 

The title is apt for the book and gives out  royal vibes. It attracts attention and is catchy, but I felt like it could’ve been better- something more unique and sophisticated. 

Cover: 7/10

The image is gorgeous and very catchy, the colour coordination is good and the font of the title is beautiful. But the subtexts aren’t clear at all, mostly because it’s blending in with the background. The author’s name isn’t seen either, I had to squint at the cover to find the author’s name. Do change that. 

Description: 5/5 

It can’t be more perfect. It doesn’t give away much about the book and at the same time, it is very intriguing. 

Reader’s interaction: 5/5 

There were a lot of comments and it was clear that the readers were enjoying your work. 

Plot: 9/10 

The plot is very impressive and exciting. It’s very different from the usual royal fanfics, hence, standing out. You’ve tried to point out sensitive topics like anxiety, depression and even poverty; which is very rare. The message you’re trying to give is worth appreciation. 

Grammar: 17/20 

I’d be lying if I said I’m not impressed. I had to literally hunt for typos, and even after that, I found only a few. 

1. She groaned upon reading it. That little scrap of paper from the sixth hotel they’d stayed in had been weighing her bag down for a couple of days, but her heart for a week.’ [CHAPTER 1]

Here, the correct version is- ‘She groaned upon reading it. That little scrap of paper from the sixth hotel they’d stayed in, had not only been weighing her bag down for a couple of days, but her heart too.’ 

2. Immediately fetching a glossy file from a nearby desk, Namjoon placed it on the coffee table we were seated at. [CHAPTER 1]

Since you’re narrating it, ‘we were seated at’ isn’t right.

3. The fog was now think enough to obscure close vision, just as Ambrosia had predicted. [CHAPTER 3]

The correct version is-’ The fog was now thick enough to obscure close vision, just as Ambrosia had predicted.’ 

It’s a small typo but do correct it. 

4. Whereas he, was done. Beat. Exhausted…….Half of which inflicted by the event planner. [CHAPTER 3]

Here, the correct version would be- ‘Half of which was inflicted by the event planner.’

5. ‘No, no,’ she ily opened her inbox, seated herself at the base of a pillar and dialed the phone. 

I don’t quite understand the requirement of ‘ily’ there. [CHAPTER 4]

Your vocabulary was standard and I found quite a lot of new words. 

Plot twists and attraction: 9/10 

Even though there aren’t any plot twists yet, the storyline is moving smoothly and is very interesting to read. I’m sure there are gonna be a lot of twists and turns in the story though. 

Emotions and character development: 9/10 

This was another impressive factor about your book. Even in the very less time span of 4-5 chapters, character development was very evident. And about the emotions, it was beautifully portrayed. I’m sure the readers could relate to the characters and the emotions. 

Creativity and way of writing: 9/10 

I could see how much time you invest in writing the book as it was so on-point. Your idea of turning on the dark mode was creative as it made the reading experience super nice. You don’t lack creativity at all. Your way of writing is amazing too. Even though some parts are long, they’re interesting to read, so, good job! 

Your opinion on the book: 9/10 

If you edit the cover a bit and correct the typos, it’d be perfect. I personally loved your book and am waiting for new updates. I hope your book gets the attention and love it deserves! 

TOTAL MARKS: 87/100