-The Angel's Diary by Love_jinnia_ [Rev. May]

Book Name: The Angel's Diary

Author: Love_Jinnia_

Reviewer: May

Cover: 2/05

The cover is really pretty if you look closely at the details given but from the blurb I could conclude that the female lead was an angel while Jin might have been a devil and they became like this because Jin did something on earth that made the female lead turn into an angel when she wasn't supposed to be one. 

Seeing all that, the cover gives a graveyard type of vibe so go with something that will describe the Heaven-Hell vibes more. 

Title: 3/05

It tells two things about the plot. One, the person's name is Angel and she writes whatever happens in her life either because she is too introverted or it's like a beautiful habit she grew up with. 

Second, the person is an actual angel with that name but she doesn't know about her real identity and so on.

Third, the AU play. 

I'm saying all these just from reading the title, mind it. 

That's why I'll suggest going for something different which consists of the concept because after reading the blurb, I felt like it didn't match with the plot (writing this after reading the blurb). 

Synopsis: 7/10

It looks like a book with a tragic ending but I might be wrong because it was hard for me to understand what you wrote in the blurb, it had grammar errors. You exposed the plot a bit but unless it ain't the main part of the plot then it won't do any damage. 

Execution: 5/10

Honestly speaking, I would be lying if I said it was good. It didn’t look like you were able to execute your thoughts properly but at least you tried. It might be because your vocabulary is not rich thus you weren’t able to execute, portray and connect your thoughts with the readers, you might have to start reading New York seller’s books then.

Plot: 19/20

The plot is unique, I can tell just from reading the first 2 to 3 chapters so don’t stop and keep on writing it. The pace is good as well as the flow. It’s a bit confusing but your grammar and writing style are to blame for it but excluding those, everything is rare, the concept might be the same but the thought process is not.

Writing Style: 17/20

You explain things a bit fast. When I read the first chapter, everything that the female lead felt went over my head, I even blanked out in some places but I won’t say your style is bad which it actually isn’t because it kept me reading. You just have to take it slow when you explain these types of fantasy stuff.

Grammar & Vocabulary: 16/20

In many places, your sentence formations are wrong like the first paragraph of the prologue chapter, if you write it like this then it sounds better “The warm afternoon breeze blew against my still figure, rushing past the tall, intricate pillars of the magnificent, white building and leaving their soft touches on the front door.

The sky was painted in the softest shade of orange with white clouds floating around leisurely. Birds flew high in the sky and to their homes, their melodic songs filling up the hollowness of the environment."

You even use a comma before “as he…” which is incorrect. Don’t use abbreviated words like “don’t” and such in narration. Also, you have to give space when you write like this 'I-I'. Give a comma before verbal tags like said, told, etc. And period before action tags like he walked away, etc.

You can either give it away for editing in a shop or proof read yourself if you think your grammar is good or you are willing to improve it but at least get one chapter edited by someone who has a better vocabulary so that you will know where you need to work on more.

Characters & Development: 6/10

The characters match the plot. I love how you presented those quotes and all, it just adds more to the sad effect of the book.

Since it's still an ongoing book, I won't be seeing any development as of now but I really wanna see it. 

Total: 75/100

Final Note: When I read the prologue, I was like "No thanks, I'm out. Thank you very much—" I don't like reading sad books and now on top of that it's Kim SeokJin, it will just hurt me more but I pushed it through for the review or else I wouldn't have or maybe I would have because personally, it attracted me. The plot attracted me despite the many grammar mistakes. 

When I first read the prologue, I thought I got the wrong idea about the plot but I didn't when I started reading the actual chapters, so I was a bit disappointed there I guess? But your book is good and can be better if you improve the above points I mentioned.