-A rose with thorns by imcringey101 [Rev. Suzy]

book name: A rose with thorns

Author: ImCringey101

Reviewer: Suzy

No. Of chapters: 5 (excluding prologue and character introduction)

Title: 7/10

Now if i say that the title is not too rare, that wouldn't mean much. I do agree that this app is full of books and almost every titled book is found somewhere or the other, so i'd rather like to appreciate that it's not a basic title.

Cover: 3/5

Totally apt for the title, but the text font and size is small, would be better if you could increase the text size and change it's placing a little.

A suggestion: go for bloody and thrilling theme instead of a mystery one. Your present cover gives off a calm yet mysterious vibe, but i believe it'll look better with a Taekook dark themed cover with a rose with thorns in between them, would be better if the title has a rose pierced through it. Some dark and shady editing and your book will catch good amount of attention.

Description: 4/5

Amazingly written! It didn't fail to spark up my interest and an ideal description.

Impressive writing, especially the part "You and me could write a bad romance."

Reader's interaction: 3.5/5

The book seems to be new or recently started since it has only five chapters at the moment, yet i could see an average 15-20 comments, the readers are indulged in the story and seem to take the warnings in the beginning of every chapter seriously.

Rules: 5/5

Thank you for following all the rules💖

Plot: 6/10

I've read few books with a gang leader and stripper as protagonists, not a very rare plot but the descriptions seems to say otherwise and I'm looking forward to the upcoming plot.

Grammar: 16.5/20

The beginning was almost flawless but i found comparatively more typos or word missing in the fifth chapter, since the book is having less chapters you can rectify them with a single proof read and your grammar is good to go.

Plot twists and attraction: 2.3+4.5/10

There aren't many plot twists for now, but when Jungkook just enters his home and talks with apparently his girlfriend, that had me shook. I really didn't saw that coming. Attraction? The book didn't fail to drew me in. The description and the opening chapter was one of a kind.

Emotions and character development: 4.5+1.5/10

Emotions are well portrayed, you didn't hesitate to give us just the right amount of details about the leads plus you gave the side characters the spotlight they deserved. For now there's not much character development, but let's not forget the fact that the cold sadistic mafia actually got concerned for someone. Also, the part where Taehyung observes the marks on his skin. The emotions are delivered to the readers perfectly.

Creativity and way of writing: 9/10

I personally found your details perfect. Neither taking three paragraphs to describe one of the lead's eye color nor finishing everything about the lead's appearance in a single sentence. I hope you continue writing in the same method for the upcoming chapters as well. I loved the metaphors you used to describe the situations in a better way. The dark scenes are also written in a very creative method. I really appreciate that you added necessary and apt warnings in the beginning of every chapter. Talking about the smut part, i would applaud you for the details, not just the erotic scenes but the way Jungkook actually spoke out all the rules and how things work, it indirectly gave the readers enough information and instructions.

'The night is silent and the stars are
missing, as if they're scared of the acts
they just witnessed.' *chef kiss*✨💖

Your opinion on the book: 7.5/10

I'm expecting loads of plot twists, not too much but rare and unexpected enough to get me hooked up for the book, if you want your book to stand out from all the others then plot twists are a must.

Review:

Areas author is good at: Vocabulary, scenario description and pacing.

Areas author has to improve in: The cover and rest, well... I'll have to wait for the upcoming plot.

Any tips for the author: again your cover and maybe you can start a side ship story as well? It will attract more people and will enhance the story plot.

--->> For the character's introduction, instead of writing a few lines about the character, you can rather get yourself some graphics for character's introduction. There are a few graphic shops which make collage of pictures which signify the character and they usually do add beauty to the 'character's introduction' part of a book, but this suggestion applies only for book's which has a separate character introduction part, not for books which go straight into the story because no matter what words hold equal power when compared to graphics.

TOTAL: 74.3/100

Thank you for choosing me i hope your book gets more recognition, it's really a thrilling and interesting book! You nice, keep going!💜💖✨