Made Bed

Does October seems to be moving fast but still not fast enough for you? Well, if you feel like that, rest assured you are not alone. I feel like that as well.

Qing and I discussed Theo and my first question was...

Me: Why is his name Theo?

Qing: I think that's his Catholic name. His family is Catholic.

Me: Ah. Next question, who does he hates more? You or ZhiMing?

Qing: I think ZhiMing. Back in highschool, ZhiMing learned that Theo has a crush on me and...

Me: Woah! Back up...back up. Who has a crush on you in highschool?

Qing: Theo.

Me: Huh? That explains a lot.

Qing: It does? How?

Me: More of that later. Tell me about ZhiMing and why Theo doesn't like him.

Qing: Well, ZhiMing is smart. A bit of snob. You know that...

Me: (nodding) I do. I so do. I still love him though.

Qing: Yeah, that is weird. You used to not like him.

Me: That's because I have the green glasses of jealousy on and I don't know him that well yet. Anyhow...

Qing: (grinning) You got jealous.

Me: (clapping my hands) Stay focus! Highschool story. Give it to me.

I mean, I know most of Qing's life in college and who his friends are. But his life before I met him is still kind of a mystery to me. I know some details of it through Wang Zhu and JiJi's stories. Also Mama's. But they all agreed that Qing was a little secretive back in highschool and he usually kept with his friends: Jin, ZhiMing and Yao.

Qing: ZhiMing was popular in highschool. He is the most popular among us. Jin, a close second. ZhiMing and Jin are both good looking, rich and smart. I'm known to school because of my height and proper demeanor. Yao is part of the school's student body. We lived a quite normal highschool but that just meant no one has bullied us so highschool was not a nightmare for us. Theo has a different story.

Me: How?

Qing: Well, he is also smart and rich but...his looks...

Me: Ugh! Highschool. The time of your life when everything is about being good looking and cool. I hate that part of highschool.

Qing: That is highschool. We were all superficial. Selfish. Self absorbed. We were teenagers. What do you expect?

Me: You are right. And so?

Qing: ZhiMing and Theo competed in some school quiz bees and contests. Some ZhiMing will win. Some he will lose. But one thing ZhiMing doesn't like is someone stepping on his territory. When he learned that Theo has a crush on me...

Me: (anticipating) What did he do about it?

Qing: ZhiMing made it clear that no one owns his friends but him. That I will never take interest in someone like Theo. One because I was not even sure that I am gay. Two because Theo is not up to our level of being good looking.

Me: Oh my god...

Qing nodded.

Me: What did you do about it?