Decor Pickup

Qing: No.

Me: Yes.

Qing: No.

Me: Yes.

Qing: (rolling around the bed) No, Dayu ah. I've worked almost nonstop for over a week to have this 2 day off from work and you want to what? Drive to the mansion to get Christmas decors from Mama? Why?

Me: Because we are getting close to December and our condo is still bare of Christmas decors.

Qing: (eyes narrowing) Try giving me the real reason this time.

Me: I am bored and about to lose my mind. I also have some days off work and I need to do something or else I will start contemplating on how to cook you. So, drive me to the mansion so I can spend this day sorting out Christmas decors that Mama wants to throw away.

Qing: Why will she throw away Christmas decors?

Me: Because she is filthy rich and she decided that she will buy new Christmas decors instead of reusing the ones she got.

Qing: Goodness, she is excessive.

Okay, that is a lie. Mama is not getting rid of ALL her Christmas decors in the mansion. Just some of it. But before she gets rid of her old decorations, I want to pick some of those that could still be used. There are plenty and I want to help Mama sort them all out.

Its basically free Christmas decors and you all know how I feel about free stuffs. Me and the penny pinching demon inside me are happy. Besides, I want to decorate the condo this year. Last year, I didn't bother because I was a lazy unmotivated squirrel. But this year its different. Both my Mama and Qing's mother are starting to decorate their homes for Christmas. I want to do it for our condo too.

But Qing is refusing to drive me to the mansion because...

Me: Why are you refusing to drive me to the mansion again?

Qing: (sighing) Because I am tired and I just want to stay in bed. Its my day off.

Me: Why will you be tired? You slept early last night. You had sufficient sleep.

Qing: I am tired.

Me: (eyes narrowing at him) Try giving me the real reason this time.

Qing: (sighing) You know there is still tension between me and Mama, right? About Zhu gege and Pau getting married before us. She is still acting all cool at me.

Me: You mean because you haven't apologize to her yet. Right?

Qing just grumbled and closed his eyes.

Me: (standing up from the bed) Fine, then I'll just take a taxi.

Qing: Good idea. Do take a taxi, Love.

Me: And if that taxi driver turned out to be a kidnapper and...

Qing: (groaning) Oh no, not this again! Fuck it, Feng Jian Yu!

Qing scrambled to sit up and glared at me. I pouted at him.

Qing: Why do you have to be always like this?

Me: Like what?

Qing: Get your way. It always has to be your way. You always have to get what you want.

Me: Oh, I'm sorry...did I want to cook dinner the other night and entertain some foreign investors in Zhu gege's home? Or did I also ask to run around and prepare your formal suits for an event you have to attend? How about that time last week when I had to wait in line for an hour just to pick your favorite sushi? Did I ask for all of that? Did I want that?